General Dynamics A-310 Type A VSTOL Model

bravo30

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
i picked this up today while doing a clean out... the foam packing became material dry rotted and stuck to the model but comes off easily but i didnt want to mess with it today. apparently the guy was an enginer an worked on Vstol projects.
looks like an early model Viking to me. the wings an tail all fold and are movable while the model itslef is pretty heavy and solidly built

any info would be appreciated.....i found this forum while trying to research the model

Attachments

• model 7.jpg
    model 7.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 630
  • model.jpg
    model.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 608
  • model1.jpg
    model1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 586
  • model2.jpg
    model2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 559
  • model4.jpg
    model4.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 544
  • model5.jpg
    model5.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 123
  • model6.jpg
    model6.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 135
Everything we know so far is here:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2652.0.html

Great model, thanks for posting pics.

what are the chances that the model i have is the one used in the article?........if not, how many could they have made?

hesham said:
Amazing model,thank you for sharing us.

your welcome....i dont think ill ever forget the moment when i opened the box. i litterally opened it, looked at it, closed it then put it in the van under 2 blankets then locked the doors

bravo30 said:
what are the chances that the model i have is the one used in the article?........if not, how many could they have made?

Try zooming in on the aft fuselage number and see if they're the same. That would be cool if that was the model in the pictures.

every # that i can see from the magazine cover matches so far .......

Thank you for sharing the photos.

There must be many such treasures that do not fall into the right hands. Hope you will give this one a good home!

An old topic, but....

I have seen and touched at least one other GD A-310 model, the same size as this one, at work at LM Aero Fort Worth.