Tu-128 Fiddler by Alan Dawes and Sergey Burdin

Have never been particularly interested in Soviet aircraft but this may be one to get, if only because it gives an indication of what Western interceptor development might have looked like if several of the larger cancelled projects had seen the light of day.

check out his Tu-22 Blinder book translated by Alan Dawes

It already passed the phase out date, still in pre-order state in Amazon. I cannot wait...

My copy arrived "down under" in New Zealand.

First impressions are very good indeed. Sergey Burdin and Nikolai Popov have done an impeccable job with the research for this book, and it has something interesting for any Soviet aircraft fan. The Tu-128 is not well documented even in Russian language publications, so this is a welcome volume.

Specifically on the subject of the Smerch radar and the cockpit - it has a few cockpit photos, and some cockpit drawings from the Tu-128 flight manual. I don't recall any radar pictures, but I'll check that. There are quite a lot of details on Lazur datalink and operational use of the various avionics systems from a pilot perspective, but not much technical detail or design history or the radar.

My copy is on the way.That will be great of hearing it has some descriptions about GCI. I'm also wondering if there are any articles simply introducing the system of GCI, like Soviet AIR-1.