hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

I will repeat the info about Halberstadt,the B Type was two seat unarmed recce biplane
of 1914,powered by one Oberursel U D engine,not to be confuse with B.I,B.II & B.III.

Hi,

the Aviatik D Type was a little known aircraft,it was single seat biplane fighter of 1917,
powered by one Mercedes D III,not to be confuse with Aviatik D.I to D.VII series.

It was an experimental biplane, designed by Dr. Waldemar Geest, and with the typical "Möwe"-wing of earlier Geest designs.

Hi,

the Germania DB was two seat little know fighter biplane,powered by one 180 hp
Argus As III water-cooled engine.

Attachments

• DB.jpg
    DB.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,227
The Germania DB was in fact a bigger two-bay two seater evolved from the single seat JM. Both 1916 and experimental.

Thank you Tuizentfloot,

and Gotha B.II (LD10) was two seat recce little known biplane,powered by one Oberursel U I
engine.

Tuizentfloot said:
The Germania DB was in fact a bigger two-bay two seater evolved from the single seat JM. Both 1916 and experimental.

Indeed, here's the JM (photo from Gray/Thetford "German Aircraft Of The Firts World War"). From what I
found out, only the B from 1915 actually the Typ B was introduced into service and used by some flying
schools in limited numbers.

Attachments

• Germania JM.jpg
    Germania JM.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,162
Indeed, Jemiba, only the Germania B I was used in limited numbers in 1915 by Germania's military flying school .
Of the other Germania types only of the C IV school machine (1917) more than one was built (Lange), but Gray/Thetford state that only one was built.
There is some confusion about the designation of this type: Nowarra in his Entwicklung ... calls it B II (C 4). Was C IV or C 4 an internal designation?
The main activity of the Germania-Flugzeugwerke was licence building (e.g. Rumpler C I).
Before 1915 germania was called Rathjens & Co. (since 1912).

Hi,

the Hannover C.V was two seat recce biplane powered by one BMW IIIa engine,it was little
known aircraft.

Hi,

the Hannover CLS.I was two seat armed biplane fighter,powered by one Mercedes D IIIa
engine,it was little known design,but I don't know if it was built or not ?.

Built in 1918 with Daimler D.IIIa engine. Span 10,49 m, Vmax 160 km/h.

Hi,

I know LVG W.I,does anyone know LVG W.II ?.

Attachments

• W.I.JPG
    W.I.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 859
Hi,

does anyone hear about Kondor W.III and W.IV seaplanes ,and are they a projects ?.

Hi,

for LFG Bitterfeld,there is a design called W 16 for two seat seaplane,does anyone know it ?.

Dear Hesham,

About the Kondor types the only information I have is the following:

W III - two-bay biplane, 1 built.

W IV - 1 1/2 strutter, 1 built.

I suppose the W III and W IV were designs by Paul Westphal, as were the W I and W II (hence the W designation). Ni idea of the year when built (WI and W II date from 1914/15).

The designers of the Kondor types were Josef Suvelack (1912-1914), Paul Westphal (1914-1918?) and Walter Rethel (1914-1916 and 1917-1918).

About the LFG W 16: biplane floatplane of 1917/18 with Daimler D III, 1 built (Marine Nr. 943). Nowarra in his Entwicklung ... says the construction was not completed.

Hi,

I read on Internet from long time ago,that the NFW E.III was a single seat monoplane fighter
project,but no more details are known,does anyone hear about it before ?.

The NFW E III is unknown to me, but the E I and E II were wooden monoplane fighters. Since the E II was a stronger modification of the E I, maybe the E III was a project of another modification?

Hi,

the LTG developed a float biplane with retractable floats in 1917,does anyone know it ?.

YES.

Attachments

• LTG FD-1.jpg
    LTG FD-1.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 596
  • LTG FD-1-.jpg
    LTG FD-1-.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 588
Thank you Maveric,

but it wasn't it,I know FD.1,also not 5 D I,it was anther design.

As far as I know LTG built only two types: a biplane apparently without desination and the FD 1 (also called 5D 1 or SD 1 - the last probably a misprint of 5D 1).

Was it eventually the Ursinus seaplane built by Gotha you asked for? It had retractable floats.

No my dear Tuizenfloot,

I know Ursinus seaplane,it was different.

Hi,

the LVG "D 9 w" was a recce biplane powered by one Mercedes D III engine.

Indeed, Hesham, the LVG D 9W (internal designation) was a recce biplane on floats with Daimler (Mercedes) D III. It was a float version of the C III (internal designation D 9). One built (probably the sole C III with floats).

Hi,

there is two Otto B.I aircraft,the first was powered by Rapp R I engine,and the second was