Some artwork.

Attachments

• Crocodile 250 render 1.jpg
    Crocodile 250 render 1.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 856
  • Crocodile 250 render 2.jpg
    Crocodile 250 render 2.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 802
That looks like a nice bit of kit...I thought though it would be more role orientated towards SOF support?

Well, "Midget Submarine" isn't a precisely defined term and there's a fluent passage to
the coastal submarine, I think. It has the size of the German WW II Type XXIII and isn't that
much smaller, than the post-war Typ 205, but with a more flexible armament.

The company is the risen again phoenix of the closed Italian firm Cos.Mo.S whose successful X-craft are/were in service with Taiwan, Pakistan, Columbia and South Korea. And they sold SDVs to many more countries including USA. The firm went under after it tried to sell midget submarines to Iraq despite sanctions. Maybe some people would prefer to characterize it differently but anyway.

Therefore credible designs based on experience. And nothing really to do with German designs. :D

covert_shores said:
Therefore credible designs based on experience. And nothing really to do with German designs. :D

I didn't argue against the first point and of course it has nothing to do with German designs.
My point is just, that there's no clear edge between "midget submarines" and "coastal
submarines". German WW II Type XXIII and post-war Klasse (Type) 205 just are quite
well known and can be used as example.

Oh, absolutely. RN/MoD considered the Gal class sold to Israel as "midget subs".

There is no reliable definition that covers what is/isn't a minisub, midget sub, submersible, SDV, small sub, SSM, etc

Model display.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 391
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 407
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 417
Cleaner brochure images.

Attachments

• Exterior1.jpg
    Exterior1.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Interior1.jpg
    Interior1.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 150
I pulled together a brief article on Covert Shores http://www.hisutton.com/Crocodile%20250%20midget%20submarine.html

It's interesting that the torpedo tubes are not swim-out only. Anti-ship missiles are quite heavy. Anyway even with torpedoes the weapons fraction is very high for this boat. Not sure I understand the design in some respects.

ZSu2pLd.jpg

aqJw1kc.jpg

Related Cos.Mo.S MG110
RCudtxb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom