Samara Rysachok Lightweight multi-purpose (Russia)

Cy-27

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
In the Farnborough Air Show 2014 Space Pavillion was this model of the Rysachok lightweight multi-purpose twin-turboprop aircraft. At first I thought it was a Khrunichev design, but then I thought it might be a scaled-up Walter powered Technoavia Rysachok. Does anyone know its real origins or status?

It was apparently put into production in 2013 by the Samara Space Centre as a 10-16 seater.

Roles included forest conservation, patrolling, aerial survey, para-jumping and pilot training. It could also be armed for military operations.

Length: 15.15 m
wingspan: 18.00 m
Height: 5.44 m
Engines: 2 x GE-H80 Turboprops (770 hp each)
Maximum take-off Weight: 6,800 kg
Maximum Fuel Weight: 1,520 kg
Cruise Speed: 250 km/h over 400 km
Cruise Altitude: 6,000 m
Ferry Range: 2,480 km
Maximum endurance: 7.5 hours
Normal range: 2,000 km
Cabin Length: 6.86 m
Cabin width: 1.50 m
Cabin Height: 1.57 m

Attachments

• Rysachok_lightweight_multi-purpose_IMG_6204.JPG
    Rysachok_lightweight_multi-purpose_IMG_6204.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 691
more - http://igor113.livejournal.com/200304.html
http://www.federalspace.ru/2079/

Attachments

• ??? ????????? ???????? ?????????? - ???????.jpg
    ??? ????????? ???????? ?????????? - ???????.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 617
Thanks borovik, it's looking like a stretched Technoavia after all....

Cute. It'd be great if the props had more debris clearance though (given the state of many Siberian runways).

Cy-27 said:
In the Farnborough Air Show 2014 Space Pavillion was this model of the Rysachok lightweight multi-purpose twin-turboprop aircraft. At first I thought it was a Khrunichev design, but then I thought it might be a scaled-up Walter powered Technoavia Rysachok. Does anyone know its real origins or status?

OK, this is Technoavia Rysachok aircraft - the version which is planned for serial production. According to the Chief Designer Vyacheslav Kondratyev, the initial "short" 10-seat version will be canceled in favor of this "long" 16-seat one. Initially the Rysachok was designed as trainer aircraft for civil aviation flying schools; therefore it was calculated to endure 3.8G. Now it is rated as multipurpose utility aircraft, so the G-load limits could be reduced to 3.0G. This allowed to increase the maximum takeoff weight from 5700 to 7200 kg, and the payload from 1500 to 2000 kg. The wings and tail unit are remained the same.

In July/August 2014, the airframe of the new modification will arrive to TsAGI for static tests. The first flyable prototybe is now under construction; it will fly at the end of thisyear or early 2015.

Sources:
http://www.aviaport.ru/news/2013/06/10/256885.html
http://www.aviaport.ru/news/2014/07/07/295135.html

a sturdy airplane!

Attachments

• 0_a2a09_9e28d8f5_XXXL.jpg
    0_a2a09_9e28d8f5_XXXL.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 364
  • 3800239.jpg
    3800239.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 313
News from 9th October 2015....."The 16-seat Rysachok aircraft to perform its maiden flight in the first quarter of 2015" according to a Russian Press Report http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/10/9/2654/

The prototype is to be powered by 750 h.p. М601F engines (the Н80 for production aircraft) .

I thought we already had the Rysachok on this forum somewhere... unnamed, perhaps?

Anyway, I have a picture here saved in April 2013 and labelled: "TsKB Progress MVL based on 'Rysachok'", for what it's worth... I'm sure I have more pictures of the Rysachok, too (possibly even a photo of a desktop model I took at Le Bourget) but I'll have to dig further...

Attachments

• TsSKB PROGRESS MVL based on 'Rysachok'.jpg
    TsSKB PROGRESS MVL based on 'Rysachok'.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 351
Found it... with the typically Slavonic habit of adding diminutive endings to names, the file had been saved as the "Rysachka"... :-\

Attachments

• The first prototype of 'Rysachka' after a demonstration flight.jpg
    The first prototype of 'Rysachka' after a demonstration flight.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 361
Slavic habit :) Slavonia is a region in Croatia.
small off:
And that is an interesting point about the use of diminutive. I had a conversation on a local forum about the use of diminutive in various Slavic languages and we concluded that almost all prefer diminutive (have more words that use it) over augmentative except Serbian.

bigvlada said:
Slavic habit :) Slavonia is a region in Croatia.

Thanks for correcting me! :)

bigvlada said:
And that is an interesting point about the use of diminutive. I had a conversation on a local forum about the use of diminutive in various Slavic languages and we concluded that almost all prefer diminutive (have more words that use it) over augmentative except Serbian.

Very interesting, thanks!

Sorry for reviving an old tread...

A bit more on the design from a Technoavia Rysachok Light Multipurpose Aircraft (Samara Space Centre) 2012 brochure...

Attachments

• Taxi.jpg
    Taxi.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • Cabin.jpg
    Cabin.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 46
  • Passenger.jpg
    Passenger.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • Layout.jpg
    Layout.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 44
The Rysachok could also be used in a training configuration.

The second image shows the large sliding main door on the port side (static display at MAKS 2011).

Attachments

• Training.jpg
    Training.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • Static.jpg
    Static.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70