Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Skybolt said:
please repost the document on e-bay

Won't be posting *anything* new until at least Monday. While Iw as out today, someone from the General Dynamics/NASA KSC Export Control Compliance Office left a voice message wanting to talk to me about my website.

Oh, goody.

He specifically mentioend the Space documents page, but all that's there is some pretty innocuous Saturn stuff... I'm thinking that maybe he's referring to the Convair nuke drawings.

While I was typing that, a message came in from a contact who worked at KSC. Apparently NASA is under the impression that Saturn drawings *ARE* ITAR controlled. Even the ones sold at the KSC visitors center gift shop. Freakin insanity.

Oh, bother, you're now in the coils of ITAR (controlled by those "fun-loving" types in Foggy Bottom), good luck. I think you might be able to make a strong case, unless you've lots of detailed specifications & drawings, that this info falls into the "Non-Technical Information, Releaseable to Foreign Nationals" clause of the regulations because it's way insufficient to allow one to duplicate, or even analyze properly, the item in question. In that case, you might be able to get away with an appropriate ITAR sticker on each CD.

Tell me, does any of the data on your CDs carry ITAR warnings? Lack of that would also help.

*sigh* I'll likely be able to give you a better answer early next week after I finish my ITAR TTC refresher.

elmayerle said:
... this info falls into the "Non-Technical Information, Releaseable to Foreign Nationals" clause of the regulations because it's way insufficient to allow one to duplicate, or even analyze properly, the item in question.

It's good enough to make scale models from. It's good enough to print out large and hang on the wall and admire. It's good enough for background screens. But if the ChiComs or the Iranians want to build ICBMs that are based on the Saturn V and want to use the drawings I have made available.... good. Let them. They'll blow years and billions on a boondoggle.

Tell me, does any of the data on your CDs carry ITAR warnings?

Hell, most of this crap was created *decades* before some bureaucrat even dreamed up ITAR.

Shattered out...Your have your own idiots there, yeah...I remember well Igor Sutyagin affair with FSB claims kind of "...have gathered secret information using open publications." Vogons are here...With the last news from NASA, they'd better look for drunk spacemen and crazy wire cutters.

Isn't David Weeks drawings sold around for half a decade, even more detailied than these two cross-sections?

What is ITAR?

If Orionblamblam has been hauled off, can someone else answer?

:)

elmayerle said:
Oh, bother, you're now in the coils of ITAR (controlled by those "fun-loving" types in Foggy Bottom), good luck. I think you might be able to make a strong case, unless you've lots of detailed specifications & drawings, that this info falls into the "Non-Technical Information, Releaseable to Foreign Nationals" clause of the regulations because it's way insufficient to allow one to duplicate, or even analyze properly, the item in question. In that case, you might be able to get away with an appropriate ITAR sticker on each CD.

Tell me, does any of the data on your CDs carry ITAR warnings? Lack of that would also help.

*sigh* I'll likely be able to give you a better answer early next week after I finish my ITAR TTC refresher.

They'd probably have a coronary if they saw all the stuff you can download right off of the Defense Technical Information Center and AIAA sites.

With the AIAA site charging $25 a shot, at least you eliminate the international spies without credit cards :)

...Albanian and Krokozian spies, yes...

Ah, ta hell with it. I scraped all the Convair nuclear aircraft stuff off, and *did* add a number of new aircraft and spacecraft documents. It's looking more and more like the trouble is the Saturn V blueprints - which is stupid given that you can buy far more detailed drawings from David Weeks, and more or less the same blueprints from the US Space and Rocket Center - but I've decided to leave them there for now. But the nuke stuff... gone.

So, take a look at the new stuff, and order fast....
http://www.up-ship.com/drawndoc/drawndocspace.htm
http://www.up-ship.com/drawndoc/drawndocair.htm

*shakes head* 'Tis rediculous, but as I said, ITAR is administered from "Foggy Bottom" (US Department of State) and can be expected to be as complex and stupid as so much else they come up with (as I said, I speak from experience since I have to live with ITAR daily). Sorry you had to take that stuff down, Scott. Let me know if my TTC background can help with anything.

elmayerle said:
Sorry you had to take that stuff down, Scott.

Don't know that I *had* to, just figured it was best if I did. Watch... they'll turn out to be pissy regarding the V-2 documents. Feh.

Let me know if my TTC background can help with anything.

Will do. Hopefully, come Monday I'll have a nice cordial phone call that will result in nothing more than shaking my head. But you never know. Probably sic the fricken MiniPax and Nightwatch goons on me...

http://uplink.space.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=missions&Number=756861&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1&vc=1#Post757285

I've talked to Novosti Kosmonavtiki staff today about this - all they are ROFL.

I'm not sure we should discuss this in public as it might not help the situation.

Back
Top Bottom