Dubrovin OSh and Kocherigyn OBSh projects

visvirtusvoluntas

Never Enough
Reaction score
Hi all,
I don't remember where I read about this project (OSh - Odnomesnty Shturmovik, I suppose) and the only other details I know are the year (1939) and the engine (AM-35).
Anyone knows more?

Hi Visvirtusvoluntas,

I searched in many Russian book,but I could't find it.

Some info in this page:
http://alternathistory.org.ua/shturmovik-obsh-m-81-kocherigin-proekt-1939g

Here are the images from Stargazer's link, quite different than what I expected from a shturmovik competitor, more like a single-seat, radial-engine fighter with armor. Initial armament was two heavy MGs and two rifle-caliber MGs and a modest bomb load with an option to replace the heavy MGs with 23mm cannon. Given the evolution of the IL-2 into a two-seater with a defensive gunner, I wonder if there is a two-seat sketch of this design out there as well?

%20%D0%9C-81%20%D0%9A%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%B8%D0%BD_0.png

s25-600x294.gif

ksa_1.jpg

cluttonfred said:
... I wonder if there is a two-seat sketch of this design out there as well?

Not too much space available for a gunner, I think. The famous Il-2 started its life as a single seater,
too and with 487 km/h at sea level the Dubrovin design would have been remarkably fast for its time.
The concept seems to be the same, as for the German "Schlachtflugzeuge" (battleplanes), a line that
started with the Henschel Hs 123, over variants of the Fw 190 and ending in a vast number of projects
like the ones we had here http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14491.msg144396.html#msg144396,
or here http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14244.msg140951.html#msg140951

A difference between Soviet and German thinking seems to be the prefernce of heavy fixed
armament by the former.

Thank you very much buddies, your informations are valuable to me.
About various speculations, my idea is different. We have not to think just about Il-2 as a Shturmovik and not every Shturmovik was an armoured aircraft. Expecially between 1930 and 1940 the concepts were confused and hundreds projects were conceived.
This one remembers me the Kocherigin OBSh M-81.

visvirtusvoluntas said:
Thank you very much buddies, your informations are valuable to me.
About various speculations, my idea is different. We have not to think just about Il-2 as a Shturmovik and not every Shturmovik was an armoured aircraft. Expecially between 1930 and 1940 the concepts were confused and hundreds projects were conceived.
This one remembers me the Kocherigin OBSh M-81.

It IS the Kocherigyn OBSh M-81! I never said that the pics in the page depicted the Dubrovin project, just that information about the Dubrovin project was contained in the page (sorry I'm not fluent with Russian...).

Went no further project and single-seat armoured attack aircraft with the engine AM-35 OKB A. A. Dubrovin - OSH-AM-35. The draft project was approved by the NII VVS 19 September 1939[/size]On the project of the attack was to develop the land for a maximum speed of about 435 km/h, and on the estimated height - 460-480 km/H. Speed flight range of about 800 km of Time set the height of 3000 m to 4.2 min. Weight of armor - 650 kgArmor was part of the power circuit of the aircraft. The thickness of the armor from 3 to 8 mm Head-BPG - 60 mmThe main options gun weapon systems included: two wing ShVAK gun with the ammunition 500 shells and two synchronous machine gun ShKAS with the ammunition load of 2000 rounds of ammunition, or 2 synchronous ShKAS has (ammo 2000 cartridges) and 4 wing ShKAS (ammo 3000 cartridges).Bomb load was taken to the overload of up to 400 kgFlight weight of the aircraft 4041 kgThe air force offered to expedite the construction of the layout, but this recommendation was not implemented.

It IS the Kocherigyn OBSh M-81! I never said that the pics in the page depicted the Dubrovin project, just that information about the Dubrovin project was contained in the page (sorry I'm not fluent with Russian...).
[/quote]

;) Sorry, amazed by the quick and exhaustive reply, I didn't read the description above... In fact the Dubrovin was to be powered by an AM-35.