Register here

Author Topic: US Army Proposes Smaller Squads, Lighter Vehicles (or goodbye GCV?)  (Read 11839 times)

Offline bobbymike

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
"The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection." - Thomas Paine

"On what principle is it that with nothing but improvement behind us, we are to expect nothing but deterioration before us?" - Lord Macaulay

Offline marauder2048

• "I should really just relax"

Offline marauder2048

Re: US Army Proposes Smaller Squads, Lighter Vehicles (or goodbye GCV?)
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2017, 11:22:28 pm »
OATK's 30mm airburst rounds in action.

Offline jsport

• I really should change my personal text

Offline bobbymike

"The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection." - Thomas Paine

"On what principle is it that with nothing but improvement behind us, we are to expect nothing but deterioration before us?" - Lord Macaulay

Offline marauder2048

Re: US Army Proposes Smaller Squads, Lighter Vehicles (or goodbye GCV?)
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2017, 01:50:46 pm »
The LW30mm M230 BUSHMASTER Cannon System continues to evolve. The M230, installed on AH-64 APACHE and BLACKHAWK, and other air, land and seaborne weapons platforms is expected to have next generation LW30 (30mm x 113mm) programmable proximity ammunition qualified by 2018 . LW30 programmable proximity cartridge is expected to solve another significant problem on the 2017-era battlefield: The legacy M789 is not optimized for engagement of troops in the open/defilade or against UAVs. The LW30 proximity mode is expected to improve lethality and versatility against UAS and troops in the open. The munitionís point destination mode is designed to defeat the light vehicle threat.

My emphasis.

http://www.monch.com/mpg/news/14-land/728-orbital-atk-day3.html