US Bomber Projects

That's what I call a pleasant awakening!

I'm ready to order it

I can't wait for!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Is this the final version of the preview which you published a few years ago or a completely new project?

Amazing project! Don't go losing that "spite" if it drives you to do stuff like that! ;D

US Bomber Projects #1 available

• Rockwell D 645-1: a 1979 low-cost subsonic missile carrier
  • NAA 1495-25 PAMSS: an early ’60′s concept for rebuilding an XB-70 into a prototype for an all-new bomber
  • Boeing Model 701-273-0: First in a series on the evolution of the XB-59 supersonic bomber
  • Convair B-58-C-1: a two-engined tactical bomber
  • Lockheed CL-2102-2: A stealthy flying wing
  • Lockheed Model 195-A-13: An early nuclear powered bomber
  • Martin Model 233-1: First in a series on the evolution of the XB-48… a wartime turboprop medium bomber
  • Boeing Model 444 A: First in a series on the development of the B-52… a late war turboprop heavy bomber
Only four bucks: http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/?p=1242

US Bomber Projects #2

Still only four bucks!
  • Rockwell D 645-1: LH2:: A variant of the low-cost missile carrier using liquid hydrogen for fuel
  • NAA High Performance Penetrator: a 1963 design for a supersonic bomber, led in part to the B-1
  • Boeing Model 701-273-1: Second in a series on the evolution of the XB-59
  • Lockheed GL-232: A subsonic nuclear powered bomber
  • Boeing Space Sortie: A small unmanned spaceplane
  • Martin Model 233-2: Second in the series on the development of the XB-48 – a wartime turbojet powered medium bomber
  • Boeing Model 461: Second in the series on the development of the B-52… and early postwar turboprop heavy bomber
  • Northrop Low Altitude Penetrator: A competing idea for what became the B-2
http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/?p=1245

Ordered.
<edit> Received. Good stuff.

I'd hoped to have the next two ready to go by now, but other commitments prevented that. As a result, #3 and #4 will be a ways off yet, probably September. I plan on releasing 2 at a time.
As the issues go along, the definition of "bomber" will stretch somewhat...

US Bomber Projects #03 Now Available

Issue number 3 of US Bomber Projects is now available (for background, see HERE). This issue includes:
  • Rockwell D 645-4A: A compact stealthy flying wing
  • Lockheed System 464L: Lockheed’s entry into the initial Dyna Soar program, 1958
  • Convair Mach 4 “Rollover:” A Mach 4 seaplane with a unique approach
  • Boeing Model 701-273-3: An asymmetrical supersonic precursor to the B-59
  • Boeing HSCT Model 1080-854: A late 1980′s missile carrier derivative of a commercial supersonic transport
  • Martin Model 223-3: A canard antecedent to the B-48
  • Boeing Model 462: A large six-turboprop ancestor of the B-52
USBP#03 can be downloaded as a PDF file for only $4:

http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/?p=1318
usbp03ad-1024x563.jpg

US Bomber Projects #04 Now Available

Issue number 4 of US Bomber Projects is now available (for background, see HERE). This issue includes:
McDonnell System 464L: McDonnell’s entry into the initial Dyna Soar contest, 1958
Lockheed-Martin Falcon: A recent design for an unmanned hypersonic global range bomber
Lockheed Senior Peg: Lockheed’s competitor to the Northrop B-2
Boeing Mobile Missile Carrier: A giant hydrogen fueled amphibian
Boeing Model 701-273-4: A very asymmetrical supersonic predecessor to the B-59
Lockheed Cruise Missile Carrier: A large nuclear-powered cargo plane converted to carry 90 cruise missiles
Boeing Model 462-5: A six-turboprop B-52 ancestor
Martin Model 223-4: A twin-fuselage design on the road to the B-48
USBP#04 can be downloaded as a PDF file for only $4:

http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/?p=1319
usbp04ad-1024x565.jpg

I've got a Kindle :)

Photos and artwork doesn't often work in ebooks on the eink screen Kindles, most books make the images too small.

Kindle Fires are just tablets, and so would work better.

I'm continuing to tinker with image properties and document formatting. I have USBP 01 and 02 up, though the latest iterations don't seem to have propagated all the way through quite yet. I have no such tablet/Kindle/etc device myself, so it's kinda like flailing around in the dark. My own preference would be for nice, high-rez and printable PDFs, but to each their own (and from each their own, to my bank account, according to their ability...).

The Kindle version certainly looks good on my tablet, and Kindle is easier to use on it than a PDF reader, plus they are sync'd which means I can go from device to another easily. On the laptop both are equally good. IMO anyway

I tried the Volume 2 sample on the eink Kindle Paperwhite.

Title page is great, the line art is sharp and clear on the eink screen. Much better than photos. "In This Issue" text a little small but just legible.

Second page is a rotated page of multiple drawings - thumbnails of the drawings in this issue perhaps? This doesn't work, it would require a much higher resolution page to be useful. Also it seems to initially open with dark lines (if tiny) and then redraws in light grey, which makes it very hard to see.

Realistically, you'd have to present each image separately. if the same drawings are presented later on full page, I'd probably ditch the thumbnail page.

FYI Kindle Paperwhite max resolution is 758×1024, so if you sanity check drawings by resizing to that size and make sure they are useable, should be OK.

The text pages look great.

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
Second page is a rotated page of multiple drawings - thumbnails of the drawings in this issue perhaps?

Yup. The idea was to have something visible for Amazon buyers who click on the "Look Inside" preview thing. Otherwise the available "pages" in the preview are all the introductory jibberjabber. But it doesn't really seem to have worked out.

if the same drawings are presented later on full page, I'd probably ditch the thumbnail page.

Can't you see the individual images later in the issue?

FYI Kindle Paperwhite max resolution is 758×1024,

Yeah, but some people are looking at this on tablets, Ipads and smart phones. Resolutions all over the place.

I haven't bought it yet, looking at the sample. Probably going to go PDF anyway.

I'd suggest choosing one image from the volume instead, as that would show "whats inside" in a way that would work on any device, regardless of resolution.

Not sure what the breakdown is of sales by device but for an Amazon specific format, I'd want it work well on Amazon devices e.g. Kindle, Kindle Fire, as they will be a significant portion of the potential userbase.

US Bomber Projects Now at Amazon

The first five issues of US Bomber Projects are now available at Amazon (links HERE) for a mere $2.99 each. At this point I'll add one to Amazon each time I publish a new one at the APR homepage.

As always, feedback (and reviews on Amazon) appreciated.