Magirus ARW 1920

theponja

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
A very interesting eight wheel prototype of armored card produced by Magirus on 1920s.

A detailed history is on the site of the firm which produced a very nice resin kit:

http://www.leadwarrior.com/Lw35210-h.htm

But I can't find a 3d view, just a low resolution side view Anyone can help?

Thanks and Regards
Alcides

Attachments

• L35210f00.jpg
    L35210f00.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 414
  • L35210f6.jpg
    L35210f6.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 408
  • L35210f5.jpg
    L35210f5.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 394
The Mannschaftstransportwagen program was an interesting pre-Hitler project.

There are some interesting pictures of it on the web. Here are the Google results. Most are in the site you linked anyway...

CostasTT said:
There are some interesting pictures of it on the web. Here are the Google results. Most are in the site you linked anyway...

Thanks. I searched on the web too and if you look all the pictures actually we've just a few pictures for the Magirus. A lot of pictures are for the amazing resin kit by modelers. And of course I couldn't find a 3d view :(

Unfortunately, there are too few references to this one. I looked through my books, and they only had profiles of the Daimler-Benz and Bussing-NAG vehicles. One even mentioned that the Magirus vehicle might have not even been built. Of course, now we know better, but back then it was an entirely different thing, without the web (incl. ebay) as a picture source.

No 3-view or drawing, just another photo, found in W.Oswald "Kfz und Panzer, der Reichswehr, Wehrmacht und Bundeswehr",
stll without weapons. Additionally to the information on the site linked by Alcides, it is mentioned, that a point of criticism was
the four-wheel steering, which made the vehicle not as agile, as wanted due to its relatively large turning radius.

Attachments

• Magirus_ARW.jpg
    Magirus_ARW.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 282
This machine appears on ebay.de sometimes. Here are two fairly sharp images.

Attachments

• Prototyp Magirus ARW Panzerspähwagen1.jpg
    Prototyp Magirus ARW Panzerspähwagen1.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Prototyp Magirus ARW Panzerspähwagen2.jpg
    Prototyp Magirus ARW Panzerspähwagen2.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 56