United States Army Ordnance Museum - current status

CJGibson

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
What is the current status of the United States Army Ordnance Museum? I know it has been moving to Fort Lee over the last few years, but I was wondering if the interesting AFVs and big guns had been moved to Fort Lee or is a visit to Ft Lee and Aberdeen Proving Grounds required.

Thanks

Chris

The 16" Seacoast mount is still there. Haven't been by there in a while, so I have no idea what's left.

Most stuff has moved including Anzio Annie and the T12 bomb and I believe also Atomic Annie, no idea on the 16 inch gun. However the Museum has not actually be reestablished at Fort Lee in a serious manner. Certain limited items are on display at the Quartermaster Museum with which the new museum is to be collocated but that's it. No new indoor display building yet, that was stuck in budget cut hell the last couple years the last I heard. I have no idea if the building at Aberdeen is still open to the public or not, but you could call them I think.

On the plus side I heard a while back they are getting ownership of some new stuff, including the 12in railroad gun the Navy had secretly hidden on Dahlgren proving ground for half a century now that that facility is closing. That makes up a little bit for the Armor Museum at Fort Knox stealing a number of the AFVs.

Thanks lads,

Looks like my one-stop tank-fest plan is a bit scuppered. I'm planning a trip in September and hoped to go to Ft Lee. I'll drop them a line as see what's what.

Thanks

Chris