Tsybin RGSR

Ah, what's a SR-71 against this aircraft ???
I especially like the picture of the two RGSR taking off at sunset ... ;)

I think Caspic or Baltic(?) Monster was totally other family of projects and planes

Attachments

• CaspicMonster_Family.jpg
    CaspicMonster_Family.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1,160
I think there's more to come on the Caspian Sea Monster. At least I hope so. Great work Jozeph!

PlanesPictures said:
Another weird and wonderful plane and brilliantly rendered. What is/was it? Can you give us some info or specs on it.
Cheers, Woody

The Tsybin/Shavrov RGSR was a reconnaissance version of the RSR with
two Solovyov D-21 engines. Lenght was 27.6m, span 9.75m, estimated
speed was Mach 2. You can find it in the APR 5, number 4.

PlanesPictures said:
I think Caspic or Baltic(?) Monster was totally other family of projects and planes

"Baltic Monster" was just a fictous name from me, just a quick idea as I first saw the picture. ;) 8) :)
You are right, the Caspian monster is a name for one of the Ekranoplan family.

So it was a sea plane? Did it ever get off the drawing board? There's no other references to the RGSR or RSR on this site but an internet search comes up with Scott's APR site and

http://copperbeard.narod.ru/madeby_e.htm

which contains some interesting downloadable 3D models - Project VP-123 "Cyclone" anyone?
Cheers, Woody

So Jozef, what exactly is that WIG on your picture? And most importantly, why does it seem to be carrying a Buran shuttle on top? Was this (Buran carrying) a real project?

Woody said:
So it was a sea plane? Did it ever get off the drawing board? There's no other references to the RGSR or RSR on this site but an internet search comes up with Scott's APR site and

http://copperbeard.narod.ru/madeby_e.htm

which contains some interesting downloadable 3D models - Project VP-123 "Cyclone" anyone?
Cheers, Woody

The Soviet family of " Ekranoplans" used an aerodynamic phenomenom known as " ground effect" to produce greater lift from a small wing aera. To do so they flew low over the surface.
I was always charmed by the design, as it proved to be a very simple solution to a big problem: increasing lift without increasing drag or engine power.
I especially loved the Sunburn equiped design as depicted below.
project-903-image1.jpg

Jozef, if ever possible, I would like to see some more art on these beast. Your art rocks!

So fast as it will be possible I will release more. I have some agreement and I want accept it. The biggest plane (project) from this family was long 95 meters and had 15 engines...

Agreements must always be respected, I suspected as much.
That's why I included " If ever possible" ;D

Oddly I like the design (Tsybin RSGR). Kind of reminds me of a gigantic F-104 mated with a small corporate jetliner.

Kendra Lesnick

I am confuse,

this aircraft had alternative designation,sometimes called S-30,and in anther source called
A-30,what is the right ,or they are different ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 374
The caption says that it used two Solovyev A-30 jet engines, so the designation had nothing to do with the aircraft itself.
I suppose "S-30" was an alternate (perhaps wrong) designation with "S" indicating Solovyev.

Cutaway Tsybin, aircraft recognition and high performance high altitude landbased, author Mike Badrocke

Attachments

• Cutaway Tsybin.jpeg
    Cutaway Tsybin.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 264
Last edited: