New business Jet aircraft

Hi,

here is the early drawing to Learjet-85,differs a little from the aircraft actually built.

http://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/2.2197?journalCode=ja

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 462
  • b.gif
    b.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 161
The Learjet 85 has now been cancelled outright.

The CSeries has been an expensive and difficult project for Bombardier, which says the jetliner is about 97 per cent of the way through final testing — one of the last steps before the planes can be put into service.

Bombardier says it will continue to operate the CSeries business and include its revenues and losses in the company’s overall financial reports.

The Learjet 85 program — already put on hold so Bombardier could focus more resources on the CSeries — has now been cancelled completely due to a lack of sales, the company said.

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/business/bombardier-posts-4-9b-loss-gets-1b-for-cseries-from-quebec/

Skyblazer said:
"unchartered waters"?? To me each new Learjet is like each new Porsche... it looks exactly like all the others before it!

My thoughts as well...but the 85 was to be either an all composite or primarily composite aircraft. Sounded like they were struggling with the composites...I do not get that, my employer has been producing accurate and consistent composite parts for decades with the oven cured molded techniques. Bombardier says those methods could not work on a large aircraft (I do not fully believe that) and so were looking at filament wound construction which is really expensive.

On the topic of new GA jets, I did not catch anyone mentioning the Stratos.
http://www.stratosaircraft.com/

On the 'Epic' note, I am not hearing anything about the Victory or the other jet coming back in the near future. They are in a frantic dash to complete certification of the E1000 (certified Epic LT). I believe they still have the stuff for the jets and the Escape. BUT to complicate that, when Epic (kit) went bankrupt the CAIGA bought the rights and just recently flew their Epic Escape(?) 'copy' called the Primus 150...then their is Kestrel, so who knows what is going on with Epic!

The GA market as a whole is incredibly cash strapped and chasing these repetitive programs does not appear to help. Still, what GA needs is real innovation, not this 'new winglet' or Garmin Gx000 panel or some other fancy bit of avionics that makes coffee and scratches your butt for you...okay, putting the podium away now. :-X

Good Day All -

From the September, 2009 issue of Air-Britain Aviation World is this image of a model of the proposed GP Aerospace GP210 out of Brazil.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Attachments

• zGPAerospace GP-210 Personal Jet Proposal Sep-2009.jpg
    zGPAerospace GP-210 Personal Jet Proposal Sep-2009.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 105
GP Aerospace GP-210 Project with 2 Prive Induction DGEN-390

Source:
https://minijets.org/fr/300-500/price-induction-dgen-380-390/gp-aerospace-gp-210-project/

GP Aerospace, a startup company formed in Sào José dos Campos, Brazil, by former Embraer technical director Guido Pessotti, has unveiled to AIN plans for a so-called personal light jet that would be smaller than currently available very light jets. The GP-210 is built around two 740-pounds-thrust DGen390 turbofan engines.

The four-seater is to have a 4,300-pound mtow and a wingspan of 33 feet. It would cruise at up to 276 knots at 20,000 feet, with the operational ceiling being set at 25,000 feet.

Model first exhibited by Price Induction, at Paris Air Show, 15-21 June 2009. No further information had been released by end of 2010.

Attachments

• csm_GP_Aerospace_GP210_9c8af0d997.jpg
    csm_GP_Aerospace_GP210_9c8af0d997.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 316
Nice Triton, thanks.

For retired A-10 pilots, you now have a personal jet you can relate to!

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Hi,

THE MOST AMBITIOUS ELECTRIFIED AIRPLANE PROJECTS

Now leaving aside the field of UAMs to take a look at the higher class projects, we find a great variety of proposals, only some of which are shown in the following figures, to attempt some broad maximum evaluation. There are essentially two categories of propulsion systems: full electric ones with batteries (many with motorization divided among several engines) and hybrid ones. Of the first system, it was said above. There are countless initiatives in General Aviation, with generally very limited autonomy. The initiatives of Magni-X belong to a higher class; the realizations presented so far are retrofits of existing aircraft, limited to very short trips (15-60 min, 160 km) with substantial improvements expected in the coming years. The most ambitious program of MagniX (which, however, also plans to develop hydrogen systems on its website) is Eviation Alice, which promises 440 nm of range for 9 passengers, using 3600 kg of batteries (60% of the take-off weight; type Li-ion 260 Wh/h). First flight was expected in 2019 but the prototype was destroyed by fire in January 2020. A new prototype is under construction. The very recent French initiative of Aura also falls into this category: a regional aircraft with 19 seats, which relies on "specially-developed batteries", is supported by 3-5 million from the Occitania Region and whose first flight is expected in 2024 and entry into service in 2026.

Attachments

• 60.png
    60.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 24
I suppose VLJs went from the air-taxi model to Bizjets for low level executives who couldn’t swing a Gulfstream…

Back
Top Bottom