• VLIEGENDE VLEUGEL_1.jpg
    VLIEGENDE VLEUGEL_1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 483
  • VLIEGENDE VLEUGEL_2.jpg
    VLIEGENDE VLEUGEL_2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
Solved,

it was Carley tailless aircraft Project,never built,and he got co-operation from F. Koolhoven.

http://www.nederlandseluchtvaart.nl/forums/showthread.php?40000-Werkspoor-Carley-Jumbo

Thanks for that Hesham. Wonderful collection of Carley Jumbo construction photos! :D

If I understand the wording in that post correctly, eric7325 is saying that the illustrated 'nurflugel ontwerp' (flying wing project) is not Joop Carley's Koolhoven staartloze vliegtuig (tailless aircraft) mentioned in the nl.wikipedia.org link.

"... maar is dit dan niet het toestel wat hier wordt benoemd in Wikipedia..."

"Is dit dan niet" means "Isn't this then" which says eric7235 thinks this really is Carley's tailless design as referred to on Wikipedia.

So weird,

Google translate gave me anther meaning,thanks.

Joop Carley was attracted by Koolhoven and if there experiment supervised by Frederick
Koolhoven his tailless aircraft that was never built.

Arjen said:
"Is dit dan niet" means "Isn't this then" which says eric7235 thinks this really is Carley's tailless design as referred to on Wikipedia.

Excellent ... thanks Arjen. So, as Heshem said: "Solved"!

Hi,

I hope we can add this beast to Carley list;

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,26065.msg265825.html#msg265825

We could ... but we still don't have an actual designation for Carley's tailless concept.

Via a friend from Dutch forum,

and from Luchtvaartkennis 1996/6,the Carley V.1;

Carley V.1
After the S.l, Carley designed a large monoplane airliner together with Walraven, among others
which should have been completed in the spring of 1921 but was never phased out. It would
got two 220hp Benz engines. (Av045).

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 23
  • b.png
    b.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom