Various Messerschmitt projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a strange thing,

the Messerschmitt Me.271 ?,was it a real one ?.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Messerschmitt-Me-271-bz-V8-1943-1-72-Bird-Models-Resinbausatz-resin-kit-/252414484613

Attachments

• Messerschmitt-Me-271-bz-V8-1943.jpg
    Messerschmitt-Me-271-bz-V8-1943.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 142
The description ("coated with a breathable material", "would have let air into the airframe even without a dedicated
intake trunk"), to my opinon places it in the category "fiction".
And the sources seem to be very vague indeed. ::)

Jemiba said:
The description ("coated with a breathable material", "would have let air into the airframe even without a dedicated
intake trunk"), to my opinon places it in the category "fiction".
And the sources seem to be very vague indeed. ::)

OK my dear Jemiba,I agree with you it's fake;

but we must know that,the Me.271 was (Blitz Zerstorer) or a ramjet fighter Project,so maybe
this design was close to its shape,but it is not it.

Anther Mystery;

the Messerschmitt Me.565 Vulkan was a jet torpedo bomber Project;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_aircraft_of_Germany_by_manufacturer

There's a mention in wikipedia without any source and a handful of sites, that mirror
exactly that "information".
So, I would say "Allegedly there was a project for a jet torpedo bomber with the designation Me 565,
but so far not a single evidence is known"
IF there really was such a project, it probably was in an early design stage and then the allocation
of a name ("Vulkan") is highly improbably, to my opinion.
So, again, please be VERY careful with statements like "The XXX was a ... project" . That's exactly the
way "projects" like the Klagenfurt 225 and others were generated and kept alive by repeating such
nonsense again and again. ::)

My dear Jemiba,

in this section of Wikipedia,no fake aircraft was mentioned,and of course they have a
source for that,we can ask them,from where you get this,and as you see some of those
sources we don't have.

There was some of little known Germany aircraft,we still ignore,such as a Junkers
VTOL fighter Project.

Nothing against wikipedia, very good for writing school homeworks and so on .
And yes, the one (!), who wrote that article, probably found the "Me 565" somewhere.
But it isn't mentioned and all the other mentions on the internet seem to go round
in circles. NO source is mentioned anywhere ! The designation "Me 565" would have been
assigned by the RLM and we have a thread about those designations here, too. But still
yet, I've found no mention of that number. Of course, there are gaps, but it's not useful
anyway to "fill" them with unproven data.
"We can ask them. ..."
Yes please, and I would strongly recommend for the next time to ask them BEFORE stating,
that there was such a project. And if you'll get an answer about the original source, you should
check, if it is plausible and reliable one.
And no, we don't "ignore little known German aircraft", but, as said often enough before, especially
this theme is full of misinterpretations, errors, fakes and probably even of deliberate misinformation
by sources, which may appear as absolutely reliable and doubtless at first glance (designers/constructors,
who tried to hoke their life career, probably ). And many of us are busy in other fields, so not able to check
such hasty reactions. And then, others searching for the "Me 565" get a hit list including the SPF, hopefully
still regarded as a trustable source ... Reading this posts here already may appear too much for, say, someone
who looks for suitable types for the next Resin kit.
Perhaps you should compare mentions of such unknown types with anonymous letters to the Egyptian tax office,
saying that you sold 500 cars during the last year. Would you really be accepting a tax bill based on such a letter ? ;)

OK my dear Jemiba,

until we get reliable sources.

Here is a Messerschmitt P.1103 7 P.1104 in details.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 3.png
    3.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 183
hesham said:
Here is a Messerschmitt P.1103 7 P.1104 in details.

The source;

Waffen-Arsenal 118 - Bachem Ba 349 Natter

hesham said:
Also a strange thing,

the Messerschmitt Me.271 ?,was it a real one ?.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Messerschmitt-Me-271-bz-V8-1943-1-72-Bird-Models-Resinbausatz-resin-kit-/252414484613

Here is the source for "Me 271bz Blitz-Zerstorer":
http://roswell.greyfalcon.us/Me271bz.html :)

But the model from your link doesn't look like this anyway; rather it looks like normal aircraft, fully plausible, with normal turbojets and normal air intakes. Moreover, it looks much like some real Lippisch projects of P.09, P.10 or P.11 series. Probably the model represents one of these real projects, but under fictitious designation?

In my files,

during the BFW period,Mr. Willy Messerschmitt had many little known Projects,most of
them wasn't in "M" series,such as, a two seat trainer,who hear about it ?.

In my files,

and during BFW period,Messerschmitt designed a postal airplane Project,maybe taken
the "P" designation,any idea ?.

A big surprise also in my files,

and during BFW period (1930s),Messerschmitt designed an Amphibian Project,I guess
it was from early "P" series.

hesham said:

and during BFW period (1930s),Messerschmitt designed an Amphibian Project,I guess

Pretty sure this has been posted elsewhere on this forum but I can't find it right now.

Its a very goofy looking design with treads for the main gear. A single mockup built. The design was not done by Willy Messerschmitt but another engineer at BFW.

sienar said:
hesham said:

Pretty sure this has been posted elsewhere on this forum but I can't find it right now.

Its a very goofy looking design with treads for the main gear. A single mockup built. The design was not done by Willy Messerschmitt but another engineer at BFW.

No,it was for the designer Messerschmitt.

Also in my files,

he designed under BFW period,a heavy transport airplane Project,maybe it
was taken the "P" designation ?.

hesham said:
he designed under BFW period,a heavy transport airplane Project,maybe it
was taken the "P" designation ?.

Nice find my dear Dan,

and also in my files; Messerschmitt designed anther heavy transport airplane Project,