Reaction score
Hi,
Frati aircraft:
F.22 Jet Condor :8-seat low wing executive jet aircraft powered by
two Turbomeca Astafan engines mounted on rear
fuselage,project only.
F.30 Airtruch :9/11 seat light transport aircraft,not built but developed
into F.600.
F.2500 :twin turboprops transport aircrfat.
F.3500 Sparviero :19 passenger two turbofan commuter aircraft,not built

New topic created from an old generic post by hesham. Feel free to add to it!

Hi,

FM.1 Passero single seat motor glider with fixed tailwheel u/c and 20 hp pusher engine
FM.2 was twin engined side-by-side two seat pusher light aircraft project of 1948, derivative of F.M.1 with tricycle undercarriage landing gear and powered by two 45 hp Ambrosini P.25 engine.
FV.2 it was a twin engined high wing military/civil transport Project
F.3 -------?
F.4 Rondone side-by-side two seat low-wing cabin monoplane,powered by one 85 hp engine
F.5 Trento built by Caproni as all-wood low-wing tandem two seat jet trainer powered by one 330 1b Turbomeca Palas turbojet engine
F.6 Airone low-wing four seat light cabin twin engine monoplane,
powered by two 90 hp engine
F.7 Rondone/II developed from F.4,with three seat in an extended rear cabin
F.8 Falco wooden low-wing two seat with sliding bubble canopy and retractable tricycle u/c and powered by one 90 hp engine,many variants was made
F.9 Sparviero single engined version of F.6 built by Pasotti with one 240 hp engine
F.10 light jet trainer resemblimg in general layout the F.5,but it was side-by-side two seat and powered by one Turbomeca Marbore 2 jet engine
F.11 -------?
F.12 -------?
F.13 -------?
F.14 Nibbio scaled up Falco,built by Aviamilano with integral four seat cabin retractable tricycle u/c ,powered by one 180 hp engine
F.15 Picchio three seat low-wing cabin monoplane developed from F.14,also powered by one engine,many variants was built
F.16 ------?
F.17 ------?
F.18 ------?
F.19 ------?
F.20 Pegaso all-metal light cabin twin engined monoplane,with 5/6 seats,retractable tricycle u/c ,powered by two 300 hp engines
F.20TP Condor it was a project with twin turboprop version of the standard Condor7
F.21 ------?
F.22TP Condor probably same as the F.20TP Condor
F.22 Jet Condor project of 1972,for an 8-seat low-wing executive jet,powered by two Turbomeca Astafan engines
F.22 Pinguino all-metal low-wing side-by-side two seat trainer powered by one 1160 hp engine
F.26 Condor was a two turbofan engined Project,maybe a business jet ?
F.200 & F.220 Airone developed from Pinguino by General Avia as four seat versions
F.250 Aviamilano-built all metal low-wing three seat trainer/tourer aircraft,powered by 250 hp engine
F.260 SIAI-built F.250 with 260 hp engine,later became SF.250 and SF.260,a famous aircraft
F.28 it's a low-wing tanden two-seat light aircraft project,powered by one turboprop engine
F.30 Airtruck 8/10 seat high-wing light freighter and transport aircraft,developed into F.600
F.30 is re-allocated to ultralight aircraft,built and flown,designed by Stelio Frati,and produces by Golden Avio
F.300 Squalo
F.43 or AF.43
was a low-wing twin engined torpedo bomber Project of 1943
F.46 or BF.46 was a two-seat glider
F.400 Cobra side-by-side two seat jet trainer aircraft,powered by one 880 hp Turbomeca Marbore jet engine
F.400T re-allocated to 8-seat business jet project,powered by two Turbomeca Astafan engines
F.480 a four seat derivative version of F.400 Cobra,never completed
F.600 was a four-seat and powered by two turbojet engines,estimated speed 390 mph,based on F.400 Cobra
F.600/II ten-seat high-wing light transport aircraft,powered by two 310 hp piston engines
F.960 it was a low-wing business jet aircraft project,powered by two Aztafan turbofan engines
F.1000 side-by-side two seat light jet trainer project
F.1300 Jet Squalus side-by-side two seat jet trainer developed by Promavia in Belgium
F.2500 high-wing light transport and freighter project,powered by two turboprop engines
F.3000 Sparviero perhaps a provisional designation of the F.3500
F.3500 Sparviero 19-seat twin turbofan light commuter aircraft project of 1983

Last edited:
Hi,

a strange thing,in this site, a page about Stelio Frati,and they talk about
F.3000,as a 19 passenger twin Jet aircraft project,but the F.3500 had
also the same number of passenger,but powered by twin Turbofan
engines.

http://www.seqair.com/Frati/Designs/Jettina/Jettina.html

As there is no topic on Frati projects, I'm posting this here for now: the Caproni (Frati) F.5 jet project:

Attachments

• Caproni F.5.jpg
    Caproni F.5.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 333
Stargazer said:
As there is no topic on Frati projects, I'm posting this here for now: the Caproni (Frati) F.5 jet project:

Good article my dear Stargazer,

and for Caproni/Frati F.5,it was actually built and flown;
http://www.seqair.com/Frati/GilbertOnFrati/Gilbert.html

and about topic for Frati projects,we can change the title for this thread to
be Frati Projects,specially it contains rather than its name;
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7219.msg209702.html#msg209702

Hi dear friends,
I consider Eng. Stelio Frati as a true master of aircraft design (perhaps the greatest), and I was honoured to meet him in several occasion at his Milan's "atelier".
Unfortunateli I use to write designations in my index books without any further information, but I think I can add some at your list:
GF.4 Rondone: was the same as the F.4, perhaps when built (if so) by SAI-Ambrosini
F.20TP Condor: a projected twin turboprop version of the standard Condor7
F.22TP Condor: probably same as the previous one
F.26 (Condor): I wrote about it: "twin turbofan"
F.300 Squalo
F.400T Cobra 400: alternative designation for the Cobra trainer
F.3000 Sparviero: perhaps a provisional designation of the F.3500
Hoping to be of some use
Nico

Excellent my dear Nico,

and if you have any drawings to them that will be nice.

Thank you, my dear hesham,
unfortunately, no drawings, sketches or pictures of models, but only some words. Naturally, if I will find something, I'll post it immediately

nico

Nico said:
Thank you, my dear hesham,
unfortunately, no drawings, sketches or pictures of models, but only some words. Naturally, if I will find something, I'll post it immediately

nico

OK my dear Nico,and thank you.

Hi,

F30 is re-allocated to ultralight aircraft,built and flown,designed by Stelio Frati,
and produces by Golden Avio;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Avio_F30

Hi,

the F.M.2 was twin engined side-by-side two seat pusher light aircraft project of 1948,
derivative of F.M.1 with tricycle undercarriage landing gear and powered by
two 45 hp Ambrosini P.25 engine.

The Aviation Historian No.11

Frati F.43 (sometimes referred as AF.43)

From Gente dell'aria Volume 4 (page 137/138):
On 21 December 1943 he graduated in aeronautical engineering at the Politecnico di Milano presenting, as a thesis, the "AF.43" torpedo plane. A twin-engine, of its conception, driven by two Isotta Fraschini "Delta" 900 ev engines, air cooled, operating three-blade metallic propellers. It was a tandem two-seater, made of wood, with a full load and torpedo takeoff weight of 4,800 kg and a speed of 550 km/h. At the age of 43 from that date and at 77 years of age, after a long and fruitful design career, this torpedo-bomber will be one of the very few airplanes for war use he devised.
[translated by Google]

Attachments

• Frati_F.43.jpg
    Frati_F.43.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 80
Many thanks my dear Boxkite,

you made my day.

Nice find boxkite! Obviously, '43' is for the year of design but 'AF'? Perhaps just Aereo or Aeroplano Frati? Or possibly even Assalto Frati or Attacco Frati?

In any case, the F.43 puts me in mind of the Caproni Ca.331 Raffica or its single-seat Ca.360 derivative.

Hi,

the Frati F.46 or BF.46 was a two-seat glider,only one prototype was built, it flew in 1949.

I add some aircraft and projects to the list,according to My dear Nico and last
unveiled stuff.

From Air Pictorial 1961,

may this one called F.460 ?.

Attachments

• 26.png
    26.png
    315 KB · Views: 9
From Air Pictorial 1961,

there was another F.600,it could accommodated four-seat and powered by two
turbojet engines,estimated speed 390 mph,based on F.400 Cobra.

F.600 Canguro drawing from Interavia January 1979.
Text from description:
Three-view drawing of the Frati F.600 Canguro light utility transport,
which was expected to fly late last December or early this year.