Aviolanda Aircraft & Projects

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

That company was formed in 1926 to build Dornier aircraft under
licence,the company designed a single seat gull wing fighter,and
also AT-21 pilotless drone aircraft,I heard that it designed anther
military monoplane aircraft,but I am not sure,any idea ?!.

A picture for a mock-up from a friend;

Attachments

• Aviolanda fighter.jpg
    Aviolanda fighter.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 818
A little more on the Aviolanda fighter with another photo of the mockup:
http://www.studiegroepluchtoorlog.nl/bulletin-012-het-aviolanda-vliegtuig-dat-nooit-vloog/

Two bits on that Dutch webpage stood out for me were:

1 - "Motor: Rolls Royce 850pk (deze was al besteld)" The Dutch paardenkracht (equiv. to German PS) equates to 838 Imperial Horsepower. Too high for the Kestrel, rather low for the Peregrine. So what was the Rolls-Royce engine on order" for this Aviolanda fighter?

2 - "Ontwerper: Ir Rudnay"

That is a reference to Guido Rudnai, a Hungarian-born aeronautical engineer of Jewish extraction. Rudnai came to Aviolanda via Caspar Werken, Focke-Wulf Flugzeugbau, and Argo Flugzeugwerken. Although the Nazis prohibited Rudnai from leaving German (he had beens imprisoned briefly in 1933), he somehow managed to get to Budapest in 1937. From there he arranged a job with Fokker in Amsterdam. Ironically - in light of the fighter design in question here - the pacifist Rudnai left Fokker in 1938 because its focus on warplanes.

Amazing find my dear Apophenia.

Attachments

• Bulletin-012-Aviolanda_01.jpg
    Bulletin-012-Aviolanda_01.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 339
  • Bulletin-012-Aviolanda_02.jpg
    Bulletin-012-Aviolanda_02.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 329
Apophenia said:
2 - "Ontwerper: Ir Rudnay"

That is a reference to Guido Rudnai, a Hungarian-born aeronautical engineer of Jewish extraction. Rudnai came to Aviolanda via Caspar Werken, Focke-Wulf Flugzeugbau, and Argo Flugzeugwerken. Although the Nazis prohibited Rudnai from leaving German (he had beens imprisoned briefly in 1933), he somehow managed to get to Budapest in 1937. From there he arranged a job with Fokker in Amsterdam. Ironically - in light of the fighter design in question here - the pacifist Rudnai left Fokker in 1938 because its focus on warplanes.

Thank you! Means a lot to my family!

Welcome aboard Trudnai,

and please if you have a little known Projects to Avioland,send it.

higher resolution image from; https://nimh-beeldbank.defensie.nl/memorix/59cf48e4-07aa-c7a6-07d7-8e1934a5611f

Attachments

• 2158_063535.jpg
    2158_063535.jpg
    879 KB · Views: 189
sienar said:
higher resolution image from; https://nimh-beeldbank.defensie.nl/memorix/59cf48e4-07aa-c7a6-07d7-8e1934a5611f

Thanks.

Please help,

in my files (old Info on the Net),there was a recce concept,designed by this company,any idea ?,or
it was developed from the Fighter Project ?,the source could be wrong,also I don't know if that
was pre or post WWII !.