Reaction score
Interesting collage from Skunk Works site

Attachments

• 9181.jpg
    9181.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2,015
flateric said:
What's the blurred design at the top right corner supposed to be ??? ? Something real, or only a "skunky"-looking design thrown in as a practical joke to give the conspiracy fans something to talk about? ;D ::)

There's a number of clouds with Skunks on which presumably represent classified projects, too.

overscan said:
There's a number of clouds with Skunks on which presumably represent classified projects, too.
... or simply cute skunks on clouds for "decoration" ;D!

Andreas Parsch said:
flateric said:
What's the blurred design at the top right corner supposed to be ??? ? Something real, or only a "skunky"-looking design thrown in as a practical joke to give the conspiracy fans something to talk about? ;D ::)

Andreas, it's not a joke, but one of very practical Mach 2 LRSA concept from Skunk Works chief Cappuccio's paper dated Feb 2007.
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,191.msg15703.html#msg15703

This paper.

Precision Strike Winter Roundtable
“Long Range Strike Weapons”
February 1, 2007
Frank J. Cappuccio
Executive Vice President & General Manager
Advanced Development Programs & Strategic Planning
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company

Attachments

• cappuccio.pdf
    499.5 KB · Views: 228
In fact, nothing unknown is depicted. Foggy subject at the left top corner is Lockheed-Martin MRE (Multi-Role Endurance) UAV.

flateric said:
Andreas, it's not a joke, but one of very practical Mach 2 LRSA concept from Skunk Works chief Cappuccio's paper dated Feb 2007.
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,191.msg15703.html#msg15703

Thank you very much! :)

overscan said:

I'd suspect that too. But note that three of them are way down on the chart, in the area representing the late 1940s/early 1950s. How likely is it that they still have classified programs that old that they haven't revealed?

I also note that the A-12 OXCART is missing. And if they're going to include the FB-22, why not include SUNTAN? Neither one flew, after all.

blackstar said:
I'd suspect that too. But note that three of them are way down on the chart, in the area representing the late 1940s/early 1950s. How likely is it that they still have classified programs that old that they haven't revealed?

Very likely.

quellish said:
blackstar said:

Very likely.

60+ years ago? Why do you think that?

quellish said:
blackstar said:

Very likely.

Yes , I think they have some programs used strange Technology .

seruriermarshal said:
quellish said:
blackstar said:

Very likely.

Yes , I think they have some programs used strange Technology .

Oh, I get it, you guys mean Roswell...

blackstar said:
How likely is it that they still have classified programs that old that they haven't revealed?

100%. Just because a classifed program is *decades* old and massively obsolete doesn't mean it gets revealed. For a classifed and forgotten report to get declassified, it needs to be reviewed by a subject matter expert. And for a lot of programs, the last relevant subject matter expert died of old age *years* ago.

Orionblamblam said:
blackstar said:
How likely is it that they still have classified programs that old that they haven't revealed?

100%. Just because a classified program is *decades* old and massively obsolete doesn't mean it gets revealed. For a classified and forgotten report to get declassified, it needs to be reviewed by a subject matter expert. And for a lot of programs, the last relevant subject matter expert died of old age *years* ago.

Agree 100%. As I believe I've said in another thread, the fact that a report is still classified does not (necessarily) mean that it containts a recipe for anti-gravity, visual stealth, Death Rays, superluminal engines or some such.

It seems to me far more likely, especially for reports dating back more than 50 years, that said reports simply aren't high enough on the list of priorities for someone to get around to declassifying them

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

But we're not referring to "reports," but to aircraft. (Everything visible on the bottom of that graphic actually flew.) Think there's any airplanes that flew in 1949 or 1950 that are still classified today?

flateric said:
well, we have kind of example here
not 50s, but...40 years is a much time, too, to declassify a shit*y surveillance blimp
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,10236.0.html

Actually, according to a post later in that thread, part of that project was announced in an unclassified public proceedings in 1974--less than a decade after it happened. So I suspect that the rest of that story has also probably appeared in a very obscure place and just was not noticed outside of a very small community. Unknown is not the same as classified. Admittedly, the story of the Mogul balloon project was not declassified until the 1990s (associated with Roswell). But 60 years is an awfully long time for a flight project to remain classified.

flateric - Nice find so I am assuming the 'Skunks' are classified and while they do not have a designation next to them there is one the NGAD 'Skunk' that appears labelled? Must be because it is a classified but 'known' project??

Most interesting are yellow triangles that are classified vehicles maiden flight dates (or whatever they should do).

That's interesting. 80s-90s era Skunks must include Senior Prom (as flown project). Projects like Senior Peg are just not here, logically.

2007 and 2009 collages for comparison

Attachments

• sw 2009.jpg
    sw 2009.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 448
  • 9181.jpg
    9181.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 377
new pic about ARES

Attachments

• 026ARES unmanned VTOL flight module in final stage of assembly at Piasecki Aircraft.jpg
    026ARES unmanned VTOL flight module in final stage of assembly at Piasecki Aircraft.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 294
Looks like a tailless F-16 class configuration.

Attachments

• pZVRtWx.png
    pZVRtWx.png
    320.6 KB · Views: 614
  • FB-22 -p05(1)0001.JPG
    FB-22 -p05(1)0001.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 600
Definitely not FB-22

Attachments

• hflsahdflakjsh.jpg
    hflsahdflakjsh.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 596
I wonder if it's the same concept as the one shown in background the 2006 Polecat press shot?
mjMF4DS.png

No. And it's not a delta-winged F-22 either.

Attachments

• lockheed_future_strike_aircraft_11.jpg
    lockheed_future_strike_aircraft_11.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 529
sferrin said:
Well it's not that either - no cranked leading edge/wrong sweep angle

Dew said:
sferrin said:
Well it's not that either - no cranked leading edge/wrong sweep angle

Which is why when you asked, "I wonder if it's the same concept as the one shown in background the 2006 Polecat press shot?" I said, "no".

Crossed wires then.
The polecat picture shows a F-22 style canopy yet you posted LRS with a multi-pane cockpit which made me believe you were talking about the collage vehicle.

Polecat picture shows the same LRSA model render from the other angle with the same multi-pane cockpit.

Attachments

• image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 338
Back
Top Bottom