Archives contact at Agusta Westland?

cluttonfred

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
cluttonfred.info
Does anyone know the person in charge of the old Westland fixed-wing archives at today's Agusta Westland company?

I have been trying for a long time to find information on Westland's dabbling with the Delanne formula in the 1940s-1950s, including flight test reports, wind tunnel data, design studies, photos, drawings. It would be great to find just a clear account of the 1940 visit to France by Teddy Petter and Harald Penrose to meet Maurice Delanne and fly the DL.20. I am also looking for Harald Penrose's personal papers, particularly his Gremlin project for a Delanne-type light aircraft.

Suggestions/leads welcome and much appreciated, PM me if you'd rather not post details publicly.

Thanks much!

Cheers,

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Don't know if you managed to get an answer to your query regarding the Westland archives. However I do have some contact details obtained when I worked at Aerospace Publishing. I do not have them to hand at the mo, but will try and have e a dig around over the weekend, if you still need it, kind regards Graham

That would be great, thanks. It's been a few years and I was eventually able to get one report on the P.12 from the British national archives but nothing directly from Westlands as far as I can recall.

It still seems impossible to get anything from them.