The interlude/theme music you are touched by

rousseau

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
This thread I am going to collect interlude/theme music played in movie or TV series as your favorite from anybody who have broad hobby.
If you like to join and share, please post not only a name of the music or barely a long list, but also a link which could be listened by click the link you contributed.
Here is mine: scent to a woman
Reason:
There is a country in which marry just deemed as a routine for reproduction, and almost all of population don't care what is true essence of love. Therefor, billion people were seen like rats, lives via squeezing each place of inch, exhausting resource of this planet, to be degenerating.......
However, here is an awareness survived, to look forward love to be rare in that country.
* a preposition of the title been replaced by "to", if you see what I mean.

I've never watched The West Wing and can't figure all the drama. But, as a die hard fan of Dire Straits, THIS SCENE ROCKS

A piece I love hearing is the cut called Two Funerals on the Battlestar Galactica Season One soundtrack. I loved the way it was used in the show but it is even better for me in that cut. I like all the music from that series but that cut really gets to me. I also enjoy the two cuts Passacaglia (the Opera House music) and The Shape of Things to Come from that season.

I may be setting myself up for laughs with this one but I like August's Rhapsody in C Major from August Rush.
This is the climax of the movie but I guess it doesn't matter as most here probably wouldn't bother seeing a movie like this.

consealed said:
This thread I am going to collect interlude/theme music played in movie or TV series as your favorite from anybody who have broad hobby.

"Requiem for a Tower," a modification of "Lux Eterna" from "Requiem for a Dream. "Tower" was used in the trailer for "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers," but the best use of it was as the music behind 9-11 footage. Sadly, the best such video has been yanked from YouTube for copyright reasons. But this one is ok, if missing perhaps the most important part (Kevin Cosgrove's phone call):

One of the trailers for 2009's "Star Trek" featured "Down With The Enterprise," performed by "Two Steps From Hell." They focus specifically on trailer music, which means they need to be short and get right to the point, which leads to some impressively dramatic music.

best escape scene ever: ALIENS
Ripely with no ammo and Newt on her arm
try to escape a runaway fusion reactor and alien queen
later only to be top with the merciless battle of mom's in the Cargo bay

and from best SF TV series every, next to Babylon 5.
Battlestar Galactica:
Storming new caprica
The Shapes of things to come
and yes Bob Dylan is a Cylon

Two odd ones here:

1) The Channel 4 Original Theme Tune (UK, 1982). Despite the dated drum machine intro, it's an uplifting classical piece.

2) Flash! By Queen. Flash Gordon approaching!

Orionblamblam said:
The best part of the Inception soundtrack was music that wasn't actually written for the movie, but for the trailer. "Mind Heist" by Zack Hemsey was in the trailer; the movie music was done by Hans Zimmer.

Pretty good, but i still prefer Hans Zimmer's. "Time" alone is better. :)

That one
Redhead Julia at the TOP of her beauty...

And that one from the same movie

The crew of Apollo 15 took this, Icarus, to the moon. On a cassette tape. They named a crater after it, and another one after Ghost Beads, another piece from the same album.

Seeing how someone already noticed 'The Right Stuff´, my favourite bit of loud starts at about one minute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_SAUYV4so

I've always been partial to "The Rocketeer" by James Horner.

They wouldn't be allowed to use these opening credits in 2012's Britain. I blame this show for my inexplicable fondness for Detroit Techno

Always a good sign when the lead actor sings the theme tune! I blame this show for my taste in women, been trying to find a heather thomas look-a-like ever since

There's no music here, but there is an interesting use of background noise. The sudden *silence* helps to make this perhaps the best scene in American television history.

I remember watching that live with my Dad. He about hit the roof in shock. It was Pure Awesome.

[sigh]

If we're getting this far afield, allow me to present the two greatest TV openings ever.

First, while not having any great artistic merit or complexity (or Heather Thomas), it is certainly incredibly well known and from the opening bar you are completely in the mood for the show:

And then, the unquestionably greatest opening and TV theme ever (can't stand the source, but it's the best quality I could get sonically):

For me, it would be a toss-up between the opening theme from Star Trek - Deep Space Nine:

and the theme from a relatively obscure British TV series "Neat and Tidy - Adventures Beyond Belief". Jill Whitlow and "Guitar Man" - that's entertainment ;D :

Regards & all,

Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

Well, if you have 'The Professionals',
then you have to have 'The Sweeney'....

And for incidental music, there's the use of
Albinoni's 'Adagio in G' here, I was only a kid when
this was shown, and it scared me sh****ss.....

OBB, interesting, Chris Franke, who wrote the music
for your B5 clip, was part of the band 'Tangerine Dream',
who scored the William Friedkin film, 'Sorcerer'...

Ah, 'The Equalizer', or as we used to call it back in the day,
'The Overcoat'........

cheers,
Robin.

Orionblamblam said:
And how the hell is it that nobody has posted this yet?

it was for you to do ;)

here nice lovely song for the best dark comedy of all time

oddly the ending match perfectly with this master piece

Orionblamblam said:
There's no music here, but there is an interesting use of background noise. The sudden *silence* helps to make this perhaps the best scene in American television history.

I remember watching that live with my Dad. He about hit the roof in shock. It was Pure Awesome.
This is the one of impressive movie I watched during my boy age, regretably I lost its name, would mind remind me?

Orionblamblam said:
In 2009, the Discovery Channel had one of the best commercials ever:

And how the hell is it that nobody has posted this yet?

Or this?
Along one of here.

flanker said:
Orionblamblam said:
The best part of the Inception soundtrack was music that wasn't actually written for the movie, but for the trailer. "Mind Heist" by Zack Hemsey was in the trailer; the movie music was done by Hans Zimmer.

Pretty good, but i still prefer Hans Zimmer's. "Time" alone is better. :)
Yes pretty agree with you, therefor, leading to this

This impressive soundtrack connecting love To personal Be universal
And since that forgotten C15 The Professionals, another dromatec fighting for justice is following:

Vangelis' "L'Enfant" from "The Year of Living Dangerously". Ironically, it is not on the soundtrack disk with the rest of the movie's music composed by Maurice Jarre. It is on Vangelis' "Opera Sauvage" and "Themes" disks. When I lived in San Antonio, Texas, there was a radio show from Trinity University called "Music From The Silver Screen" that played nothing but soundtracks and used L'Enfant as its opening theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kRS4pkrBqE
Here is a trailer from "The Year of Living Dangerously" which won Linda Hunt an Academy Award and led her to roles in "Dune" and now "NCIS".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2k9d0c4sAM

I was fallen in love with the protagonist of La boun, however it is still one of my favorite
Dreeeeams, are my reaaaality, my haaaaaaaaaaapiness...

We ALL fell in love with Sophie Marceau. She was our Julia Roberts... with more "cleavage".

Archibald said:
I was fallen in love with the protagonist of La boun, however it is still one of my favorite
Dreeeeams, are my reaaaality, my haaaaaaaaaaapiness...

We ALL fell in love with Sophie Marceau. She was our Julia Roberts... with more "cleavage".
"Humanity built thousands meaning of love, but only a doll know what true meaning it is" —— A extraterrestial expressed in <Artificial Intelligence>
Regretablly, there is no impressive theme or entercluded music played with.
My love to Sophie Marceau was sex and face, but luckly I found what is pure love finnally before my death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GagI-XTPGIo
Because of the Tital of the moive pronounced like "love it simply" in Chinese, most of youngster who have never read or even watched this movie, think love with proporty is the only thing that should do in whole life.