Register here

Author Topic: Before you create a new topic...  (Read 31080 times)

Offline PaulMM (Overscan)

• Secret Projects Forum Founder
  • Administrator
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • Paul Martell-Mead
    • Secret Projects
Before you create a new topic...
« on: January 24, 2007, 10:51:55 am »
Before you create a new topic please

1) Search the forum and make sure there isn't a topic already.

2) Think about what you are posting. Try to post a sensible topic, like a specific aircraft, or manufacturer, or country. Try to make the title descriptive.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 10:59:45 am by overscan »
"They can't see our arses for dust."

- Sir Sydney Camm

Offline Skybolt

• Top Contributor
  • CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Re: Before you create a new topic...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 02:22:03 am »
It is commendable, and has been explicitly requested by myself,  to arrange the topics on the forum in a way that makes it easy for reseachers find out what they need. Though, please consider that if individual projects are very similar it is better to aggregate projects in more general topics. There are no clear cut rules, I have to appeal to the common sense of the very bright people that post here and have made the Early Projects section I and my friend Lark moderate almost as flamboyant as the juggernaut of this forum, the Post-War Projects section.
Besides this, and this APPLIES EVERYWHERE AND EVERYTIME (strong emphasis): please always refer the source of the picture and drawings info, expecially when it is clearly from published sources (if you don't know, just say, I cannot identify the source). We, individually and as a community, have already encountered upset copyright holders, don't want to reiterate the experience. Please, take notice and correct with the modify function your past topics as far as you can or is possible. More importantly, do this for the future, please.