Mystery rocket ship ?

seruriermarshal

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Finally (for this report, at least): we offer a Mystery Aircraft. Just South of Hawkesbury, Ontario, in the parking lot of a welding company, is a small rocket ship undergoing repair. We hope somebody who sees this photo can tell us what it is and where it has been.

http://www.bobandelsa.com/Travel%20Writings/040813ottawa/misc.html

Attachments

• MysteryRocketShip.jpg
    MysteryRocketShip.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 789
In my opinion some wooden/metal shell for museum or educational center. The closest things I can imagine are OSC designs for small space shuttle. But not that small and not unmanned.

That reminds me of the Hermes portion of the Sanger II - as represented by that Revell of Germany kit.

Matej said:
In my opinion some wooden/metal shell for museum or educational center. The closest things I can imagine are OSC designs for small space shuttle. But not that small and not unmanned.

strange with the wing

The Artist said:
That reminds me of the Hermes portion of the Sanger II - as represented by that Revell of Germany kit.

That's what I was thinking. I know a largish model of the Sanger II was built, but I don;t know if it was *that* large, and I've trouble figuring how it ended up over here.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be decent pics online of the Sänger/Horus combination display model that was made, but it definately wasn't that big. And as Scott said, what would it be doing in Canada anyway?

Let's not forget this picture was taken back in 2004. There seems to be some sort of blue logo and some writing on the fuselage. I guess if one really wanted to know one could try contacting the author of the trip report and ask if he still has original higher resolution images of the object where these should be easier to discern.

My two guess
one: Mock-up of Canadian Aerospace company proposal
two: Movie prop for TV production company, who made cheaper film shooting in Canada.
you know those "Sci-fi Movie" Wat SyFy shows...

Michel Van said:
My two guess
one: Mock-up of Canadian Aerospace company proposal
two: Movie prop for TV production company, who made cheaper film shooting in Canada.
you know those "Sci-fi Movie" Wat SyFy shows...

or other countries aerospace company test it in Canada ?

Film prop?

Looks like the ship in the very first episode of farscape to me, who knows!

bob225 said:
Film prop?

Looks like the ship in the very first episode of farscape to me, who knows!

Nope
Farscape one look like that
Farscape_1_1_by_Animaniacarts.jpg

Farscape_1_1_by_Animaniacarts.jpg
and so far i know is still in Australia, were the Cult series was shot

Meteorit said:
Unfortunately there don't seem to be decent pics online of the Sänger/Horus combination display model that was made, but it definately wasn't that big.

This? Its the largest one I have seen so far.

Attachments

• sanger.jpg
    sanger.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 473
Matej said:
This? Its the largest one I have seen so far.

Yes, that's the one I mean. And it clearly shows the mystery vehicle can't come at least from that particular model.

flateric said:
The Artist said:
Horus you mean

I stand corrected. Thanks. I typed that from memory last night as my quick searches were giving me confusing results. At least, everyone got what I was referring to.

Canada was not an active participant in the ESA Hermes effort/mess (and good for them!), and the unknown mockup has no indications like a raised cockpit or associated indicated/dummy windows of a crew compartment such as Hermes sported. Judging by the streamlined shape, rather than one merely optimized for aerodynamic reentry, I'd guess this is the powered orbiter of an HTHL rather than a VTHL system.

Last edited:

from the now defunct site found (how?!) by Sundog (via archive.org)
Spaceship (simulator) Phoenix; A 12 meter long, 6 meter wingspan visionary spaceship, complete with a lighted glass cockpit. For transport this unique design has folding wings and is tugged using its existing landing gear! It is the only Spaceship with streetlegal German papers! L 12m x ø 6.0m x H 2.15m. 2.4 Tons.

Phoenix is now converted into a fully equipped Jet Flight Simulator. For information on this new exhibit go to the simulator website.

spaceship[1].jpg

MK1[1].jpg