Bell/Boeing « Mighty Mouse » (FAAV contender)

I believe FAAV stood for Future Attack Air Vehicle. An early 90's program. It also led to the Grumman fan in wing design.

yasotay said:
I believe FAAV stood for Future Attack Air Vehicle. An early 90's program. It also led to the Grumman fan in wing design.

Yes my dear Yasotay,

they said : Boeing FAAV,and may be the Boeing proposal for this competition.

hesham said:
yasotay said:

Yes my dear Yasotay,

the said : Boeing FAAV,and may be the Boeing proposal for this competition.

Poor use of english on my part. The picture you showed was a Bell (mostly) and Boeing tilt rotor concept for the project. Grumman worked on a Fan in Wing project under the same Army Study

Then there is this:

Attachments

• Bell_FAAV.jpg
    Bell_FAAV.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 981
Do we have positive evidence that Bell was involved in this effort?

I have re-read the report cited in the first post of the topic, and it clearly calls it the "Boeing FAAV." Should we rename the topic as such and remove all reference to Bell here?

Another report also gives it as simply a "Boeing FAAV":

www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a235915.pdf

Table 1 on page 10 of the study shows both Bell and Boeing had tilt rotor activities. I believe there is a period article (part of a four part series) from one of the aviation magazines that clearly indicates that Bell was part of this effort. If I can find the article I will post the information. Finally I have slides from Bell on this activity that I am trying to get authorization to post. I can tell you that the design was advanced enough that they had looked at both tandem and side by side seating, weapons and personnel seating.

yasotay said:
Table 1 on page 10 of the study shows both Bell and Boeing had tilt rotor activities. I believe there is a period article (part of a four part series) from one of the aviation magazines that clearly indicates that Bell was part of this effort. If I can find the article I will post the information. Finally I have slides from Bell on this activity that I am trying to get authorization to post. I can tell you that the design was advanced enough that they had looked at both tandem and side by side seating, weapons and personnel seating.

I think Wings/Airpower did a series on tilt rotors back in the 80's. Is that what you're thinking of?

Sundog said:
yasotay said:

I think Wings/Airpower did a series on tilt rotors back in the 80's. Is that what you're thinking of?
Yes, that is the one. Goes from XV-15 to concepts.

Sundog said:

yasotay said:
Yes, that is the one. Goes from XV-15 to concepts.

Here's what said magazine had to say about Mighty Mouse. They clearly label it as a Bell (not Boeing, or even joint) design.

Attachments

• Mighty Mouse small.jpg
    Mighty Mouse small.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 445
From this report, ADA303695.

Attachments

• 20.png
    20.png
    719.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 21.png
    21.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 26