Register here

Author Topic: Turkish TFX National Combat Aircraft  (Read 12173 times)

Offline mkurt

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
Re: Turkish TFX National Combat Aircraft
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 12:37:57 am »
An idea that makes it obligatory to remark on the dislike against this funding of South Korean defence industry. Apparently our MBT is the most expensive in the world and even South Koreans are against it. While one must avoid making this an anti-F-35 thread cost is merely one facet, even if it equally hurts. We are all monkeys here; we must be allowed to fail utterly and avoid the greatest thing Mankind ever builds. Without getting reported or laughed at.

Offline TaiidanTomcat

• CLEARANCE: Top Secret
  • "A wretched hive of scum and villainy."
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 11:17:03 pm »
Ahh, you have no idea how deep this runs.

Could you tell us?
Airpower Australia- Where self declared "experts" scream about Lockheed Martin being overselling crooks and liars while advocating Lockheed Martin F-22s as the only logical choice.

Offline mkurt

• CLEARANCE: Confidential
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 12:41:00 am »
The US is on average 2 years late, in everything that has been offered. They will "sometime soon" will press Criminal charges. I was thinking that the thing could be over by 2016-18, but ı hear this would rather be the start-up date. Which then possibly means 2026 or so and no sign of giving up the contract. Nothing worthy of discussion really. Uncle Sam passed on the chance to kill the deal when Ankara seemed so Anti-Semitic.

There have been so clear signals and they were all ignored. When somebody says the anti-matter weapons will be used against the US if something goes on, it doesn't have to be always filler. Others have seen that as a measure of feeling.

Offline lancer21

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 03:22:51 pm »
 First public TFX concepts from IDEF-2013, posted my medal64 at keypubs:

Offline Deino

• Our China Correspondent
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 11:44:00 pm »
It's lookning good but - maybe as expected - not very different to the Japanese ATD-X, the South Korean or Indian concepts.

As such the question remains, WHY again not consolitationg the efforts ?? ... again simply due to politics and industrial independence ??

Anyway it will be interesting to see which one will finally survive and finally fly and even more what kind of engine will be used.

Given the size, only two EJ-200, M88 or F414 would fit or for the single engined type a F135 !

Deino
He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-------------------------------------------------
W.H.Auden (1945)

Offline r16

• CLEARANCE: Secret
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 12:41:35 am »
it's simply a political requirement for the Goverment to look good . Co-operation is acceptable when the co-operating partners shut up and allow the whole credit .

Offline Triton

• Donald McKelvy
    • Deep Blue to Wild Blue
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 11:34:55 am »
"Turkish TFX fighter concept revealed at IDEF"

by Tolga Ozbek
Flight International
5/9/2013

Source:
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/picture-turkish-tfx-fighter-concept-revealed-at-idef-385659/

Three potential designs for a planned TFX Turkish fighter concept have been shown for the first time at the International Defence Industry Fair in Istanbul, with the programme's current initial design phase due to conclude later this year.

Images depict a single-engined aircraft with and without canards and a twin-engined design, with these having been influenced by discussions between the Turkish air force and Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI).

Tolga Ozbek/Tim Bicheno-Brown/Flightglobal

TAI says the initial designs will be assessed against air force requirements during a workshop, with a report to be submitted by Turkey's undersecretary of defence industries by the end of September 2013.

TAI was awarded a contract last year to perform the activity, with the company working with Swedish manufacturer Saab.

Under current plans, the TFX project could lead to the first flight of a Turkish-built fighter in 2023, with the type to potentially be acquired as a replacement for the air force's oldest Lockheed Martin F-16Cs.

Offline hesham

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 04:38:26 pm »