Russian stealthy helicopter/UAV carrier concepts?

ouroboros

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Found this on a japanese image board today, with no real accompanying data. Seems to be models at some industry expo, and similar to that UVX concept. One image appears to be russian captioned video though, so maybe of russian origin?.

Attachments

• 1311121505231.jpg
    1311121505231.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,897
  • 1311125318064.jpg
    1311125318064.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,905
  • 1311137927357.jpg
    1311137927357.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,893
I think you're right about those concepts being from a Russian concern. Which one is the question.

EDIT: The Nevskoye Design Bureau maybe?

TV images are from Vesti - Russian news channel taken at the 5th International Maritime Defense Show, IMDS-2011, in St. Petersburg, Russia. Show was from Jun 29 - Jul 3.

Russian officials said that they will be completing the construction of a new class nuclear-powered destroyer by 2016.

Russian Navy Admiral Vladimir Vysotsky told RIA Novosti that the prototype of the new class destroyer would be finished in around five years. Vysotsky also said that the warship would likely be nuclear powered.

Roman Trotsenko, President of United Shipbuilding Corporation, had previously stated that the company was beginning the design for a new nuclear-powered destroyer. Trotesenko said the design phase alone, which is expected to begin this fall, would last around two years.

"Models of combatant ships of the future exhibited by OSK attracted a lot of attention at the Maritime Defense Show. According to the vessels’ designers, the Oryol and Strogy corvettes combine all the best traditions of domestic shipbuilding adapted to the requirements of the 21st century.
“We are making plans for their construction right now, so these corvettes will be able to join the Russian navy by 2015,” said Trotsenko.
Vladimir Vysotsky, Commander in Chief of the Russian Navy, was optimistic about the naval defense industry’s prospects.
“I think in two years we will be able to become world leaders among naval exhibitions on such a scale,” he said."

Hmmm. Would that mean the first two designs are from the Zelenodolsk Design Bureau, with the last one being from Almaz? Alternatively, they could be all wining designs from the USC's recently concluded First Industrial Design Competition. Winners were supposed to be announced this March. I'll see what I can find.

Sorry to burst your bubble, ouroboros. The design concepts are from United Shipbuilding Corporation's first all-Russian contest of industrial design in shipbuilding. Gold star to you, Gray Havoc.

URL:
http://www.flotdesign.ru/

See:
http://www.flotdesign.ru/projectslist/1

The third design seems to be based off one of the winners of the competition announced in March. Project 119 (competition code), known as "CRYSTAL". If I understand the translation correctly, it's a Green Water corvette, which can also be classified as a LCS equivalent (LBK or Littoral Battleship[литоральный боевой корабль] in Russian terms). The designer was one Hlutčin Igor Vladimirovich. Based on the category he won, it would appear that he's a professional naval architect. No hard confirmation yet, but it looks like he was hired by USC after the competition, most likely as a designer over at Almaz Central Marine Design Bureau.

EDIT: Just saw your reply Triton, thanks for the compliment.

EDIT2: The more up to date version of the Project 119 entry page that Trition found confirms that the design utilizes a modular architecture. Other details include a baseline armament of one retractable AK-174M mount (possibly a development of the AK-176M-MR-123-02/76 Artillery System, but it doesn't say), together with 6 universal launching towers (VLS's in other words), each containing 8 cells. It's intended air component is, depending on mission/s, either the Kamov Ka-27 Helix or Ka-29 Helix-B, along with several BPLA (general Russian designation for military drones). The page doesn't say if the latter are VTUAVs, other, or a mix. ECM suite includes 4 PK -10 decoy launchers. It would seem to have a much better range of sensor/armament options for it's intended missions than the current LCS classes do.

Has a dash (not substained) speed of 40 knots. CODOG propulsion, albeit with an all-electric transmission?

Correction: COGOG propulsion with diesel backup and all-electric transmission. Interesting design choice.

official document for fanart?
http://r-valeyev.ru/files6/kpdk_2010__partI.pdf
http://r-valeyev.ru/files6/kpdk_2010__partII.pdf

Very nice. At least they considered almost every possible stealthy design for a ship that I have seen so far!

-----JT-----

Why does it remind me of the old AVPRO design for a stealthy trimaran aircraft carrier - STAC?

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6463.30

aemann said:
Why does it remind me of the old AVPRO design for a stealthy trimaran aircraft carrier - STAC?
I'm not surprised as known book was translated to Russian. We see another example of industrial designer - or fanart lover, in worst case - tries to invent military machine while not understanding that its design not driven by 'it looks cool' factor.

That covered main gun installation would probably never be functional, considering all the moving parts required to expose the gun and their exposure to spray and breaking seas.