INDEX TO THIS SECTION'S TOPICS

Stargazer

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Feeling the lack of an easy way to list and organize the various topics we have in the "Designation Systems" section, I'm creating this new topic which will list all the existing topics alphabetically by country. Installments are in this order: EUROPE ; RUSSIA ; AMERICA ; ASIA ; OCEANIA. Within each section, the countries are listed from most numerous to least numerous topics.

Of course, I hope this topic will lead to some topics being merged, as there are a few duplicates there. Thanks in advance!

EUROPE

CONSORTIUMS
BRITAIN

Manufacturers
Others

ITALY
HUNGARY
NETHERLANDS
POLAND
CZECHOSLOVAKIA
ROMANIA
Factory Designations

Designer Designations
YUGOSLAVIA
SWITZERLAND
AUSTRIA
BULGARIA
DENMARK
SWEDEN
SPAINLITUANIA
LATVIA
ESTONIA
GREECE

Just a point: CANT (Cantieri Aeronautici e Navali Triestini) & CRDA (Cantieri Riuniti dell'Adriatico) lists should be moved to the Italian section.

Hello,

Great work Stargazer2006!

One amendment: Letov was a Czechoslovak company, not Polish.

Regards,
LAW

LAW said:
Hello,

Great work Stargazer2006!

One amendment: Letov was a Czechoslovak company, not Polish.

Regards,
LAW

Fixed. Thanks! ;)

Great work!, thanks a lot!

You should be promoted immediately to Moderator.

pometablava said:
You should be promoted immediately to Moderator.

Gosh! Thanks for suggesting! I didn't expect that to happen...

Been busy reorganizing the lists a bit. Not only I used an alphabetical way of organizing the topics (much easier to maintain) but I also sub-divided the larger lists into logical units that can be more easily accessed. Please feel free to suggest any improvement or modification to this work.

I also renamed a couple of topics and merged the two Hawker topics into one. I will soon do the same with Rutan and a couple others.

Alphabetical listings (and re-namings) make the index much easier to use. Well done Stéphane!

Hi all

RAF (Royal Air Force)) (Royal Aircraft Factory) lists should be moved

Congrats Stéphane, most useful work.

One small input: August Häfeli should be moved from Germany to Switzerland
Herr Häfeli was from Bern. See Flugpionier August Häfeli

And a suggestion: Has anybody consolidated the entries for a manufacturer into txt or word files which could be downloaded?
This is most useful to have on the local PC when doing some renaming/sorting/cleaning.
I have done a few txt files myself. If there is interest we could exchange files, or even set up a download repository somewhere.

I've updated this topic for the period covering August until now (a LOT of new stuff) and was helped in doing so by Apophenia. Thanks a lot to him

dan_inbox said:
Congrats Stéphane, most useful work.

One small input: August Häfeli should be moved from Germany to Switzerland
Herr Häfeli was from Bern. See Flugpionier August Häfeli

And a suggestion: Has anybody consolidated the entries for a manufacturer into txt or word files which could be downloaded?
This is most useful to have on the local PC when doing some renaming/sorting/cleaning.
I have done a few txt files myself. If there is interest we could exchange files, or even set up a download repository somewhere.

Funny you should say that, a contributor to the forum sent me a compilation of the various British topics. I am giving some thought to the best way to present it.

I have updated the lists in the main page to indicate all new or updated topics since October 24, 2011.

I have decided to separate American aircraft from the rest of this topic as the list was big and increasingly difficult to manage...

New "sticky" topic for U.S. designations can be found here.

Here is a list of all the topics in this section that have been updated or created from June to early October 2012 (bold type indicates new topics):

FRANCE:
  • Hanriot and Lorraine-Hanriot designations
  • Hurel-Dubois designations
  • Nord Aviation and SNCAN designations
  • SIPA designations
  • SNCASE / Sud-Est Aviation designation (SE)
  • SNCASO / Sud-Ouest Aviation (SO) designations
GERMANY:
  • Farner Flugzeugbau
  • Grob designations
  • Pöschel aircraft
ITALY:
  • Caproni aircraft
  • Frati designations
ROMANIA:
  • ICAR Romanian Aircraft Designations
  • SET - Romanian Aircraft Designations
UNITED KINGDOM:
  • British Aviation
  • Percival aircraft
  • RAF missing Specifications and Aircraft from 1920 to 1949
  • Supermarine type designations
YUGOSLAVIA:
  • Ikarus post war projects
  • Rogožarski projects
  • UTVA designations
OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES:
  • CSSR Orlican/Moravan companies
  • Czech Avia designations
  • Fokker Ontwerp Numbers
  • LET designations
  • Spanish AISA aircraft
  • Russian/Soviet Army missiles (GRAU 9M Series)
AMERICAS (except USA):
  • Brazilian EAY, CAP and IPT designations
  • Embraer designations
ASIA:
  • Fuji designations
  • Japanese Navy Experimental Designations
OCEANIA:
  • Commonwealth aircraft