Boeing Model 754

Re: Boeing Planes That Never Flew - News Report

Stargazer2006 said:
Triton said:
Would Boeing have sold the plane as the 754? Or would the Boeing Marketing Department give the plane another designation? Like Boeing 777?

Given the odd configuration, uncertain marketing success and coherence of the 7*7 line (not to mention that I'm not even sure any airline would have bought that!) I'd venture to consider they might have kept the "754" after all, or most probably, found a name for it. There was a similar project at Boeing called the Husky, if memory serves.

Cargolux was also interested in the aircraft, the artist's impression coming from a 1975 Cargolux Annual Report. Husky International was not the name of the concept, but the customer of the Boeing aircraft who intended to transport vehicles by air using the 754. The KING 5 reporters are confused.

Jemiba said:
I merged this thread with the older "Boeing 754 ?" thread, I hope nobody mind.

I don't mind, though wouldn't it be better to rename the topic to "Boeing 754"?

Great idea, Boeing! B) :)
Now do the same with some other unshown military projects! ;)

The finished products of any company form its outward face to the world, but it is the rarely seen unfinished designs which really tell the full story behind the evolution of that family. As one might expect, the development path of the combined Boeing and Douglas jetliner series is littered with ‘what if’ concepts that never saw the light of day. Many have been kept out of sight behind closed doors for years, tucked away in the depths of Boeing’s vast archive collection in Bellevue, Washington. But now the dust has been blown off the model collection and, thanks to an imaginative display, the design DNA of the combined Boeing and heritage Douglas line is now magnificently portrayed in the lobby of the company’s Product Development group offices in the Bomarc Building at Everett. [...]

Source: AW&ST - Things With Wings - The Commercial Aviation Blog - Boeing's 'Wonder Wall' - Posted by Guy Norris 2:31 AM on Mar 07, 2014

Attachments

• Boeings_Wonder Wall_picture1.jpg
    Boeings_Wonder Wall_picture1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 414
That's really a wonder wall. I'd love to hear the history about any "what-if" there. Is the 754-burnelli-like there?

Alcides said:
That's really a wonder wall. I'd love to hear the history about any "what-if" there. Is the 754-burnelli-like there?

Haven't seen it in any of the photos...

Hi,

here is the Boeing Model 754-172P large commercial freighter aircraft project.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a041234.pdf

Attachments

• 754-172P.png
    754-172P.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 468

Triton said:
Artist's impression of the Boeing Model 754 from Cargolux 1975 Annual Report. Cargolux was to be a launch customer of the aircraft.

In color,note the aircraft beside it ?.

https://secure.boeingimages.com/archive/Boeing%20Model%20754%20%22Husky%22%20Concept,%201974-2JRSXLJ8X9Q1.html#/SearchResult&ITEMID=2JRSXLJ8X9Q1

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 274
The book American Secret Projects: US Airlifters Since 1962 describes on pages 240-243 a military version of the Model 754, the Model 754-172BP. This design was similar in configuration to the Model 754-172P but differed in having a 298 foot wingspan, a length of 236 feet, a height of 50 feet, a wing area of 8,500 square feet, and a maximum take-off weight of 1,019,700 pounds. The Model 754-172BP would have carried a payload of 357,400 pounds.

The book American Secret Projects: US Airlifters Since 1962 describes on pages 240-243 a military version of the Model 754, the Model 754-172BP. This design was similar in configuration to the Model 754-172P but differed in having a 298 foot wingspan, a length of 236 feet, a height of 50 feet, a wing area of 8,500 square feet, and a maximum take-off weight of 1,019,700 pounds. The Model 754-172BP would have carried a payload of 357,400 pounds.
Very interesting- is there any mention of the lifting body technology in the book or mention of why the project did not come to fruition?

What is this aircraft,far left (Charles A. Carroll) ?,and if it was related to
Boeing company or not ?.

Attachments

• 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 42
What is this aircraft,far left (Charles A. Carroll) ?
The name is in the image!! It was the International Husky.

and if it was related to Boeing company or not ?
Apparently Boeing took over the design at some point, because one of the models of the short version has Boeing written at the front.

Attachments

• husky1.jpg
    husky1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 34
  • husky2.jpg
    husky2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 19130.jpg
    19130.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 32