60th anniversary of Myasishchev Design Bureau

ucon

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.avicopress.ru
Today Myasishchev Design Bureau celebrates its 60th anniversary - 60 years ago in Fili was organized OKB-23, which famous with strategic bombers M-4, 3M, M-50, M-52, very first projects in the USSR nuclear bombers and supersonic passenger aircraft, ahead the time space projects.
Now MDB take part in civil and military programms.
Congratulations to glorious Desing Bureau!

Congratulations indeed! (even though the Myassishchev name was associated to much earlier designs). I absolutely love all of that bureau's designs and am glad to see the name hasn't disappeared!

I love the Myasishchev designs more than those of any other design bureau, including western powers. It is a pity that so few of their projects got built, and also a pity that it is so hard to get books on them - especially the M-18 & M-20.

Yes - always one of my favourites as well - an elegant esthetic which does not detract from functionality and engineering.

MDB has also done some agrycultural prijects - M-15, M-101SKH. M-206, M-500

Here are all variants of M-500

Attachments

• M-500 final variant.jpg
    M-500 final variant.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 199
  • M-500-5.jpg
    M-500-5.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 147
  • M-500-4.jpg
    M-500-4.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 611
  • M-500-3.jpg
    M-500-3.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 651
  • M-500-2.jpg
    M-500-2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 673
  • M-500-1.jpg
    M-500-1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 713
Many thanks Ucon for the M-120 view.

Excellent!

M-60 - large family of aircraft, which includes biz-jets, medium and long range aircraft, cargo/transport, wide types of military planes - strategic bombers, recon, FHQ, supermission variants etc.
Here is small biz-jet.

Attachments

• ?-60-12-1.jpg
    ?-60-12-1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 630
Your counter works fine Ucon. The last time you posted that your post count wasn't going up was 340 posts. You are now at 385 posts.

I simply don't understand what you think is happening. The count "385" next to your name on every post is your CURRENT post count.

When I go into the database and say "count all posts by user "ucon"" it will say... 385.

When you post again it will go to 386 posts. On every post.

Asking Stephane why this non-existent problem is happening is baffling too. I am the site owner, administrator and technical support guy.

Thank you so much Konstantin for all the posts. I try not to thank you after every picture, like hesham does, because there is actually a strong recommandation in the forum rules to resort to private messaging for simple lines of thanks (which he has thoroughly ignored for the past six years...) and everytime I do it myself I feel bad that I'm not complying to the rules...

Let it be said here, however, that I immensely appreciate every single image you've been posting... and as a matter of fact I was waiting until I had enough questions to post it all in a single reply... So here goes:
[list type=decimal]
[*]M-111 and M-112 : Which was the MM-1? I always figured it was the M-112, but from what you posted it seems it was the M-111 instead... Or were the two projects part of the MM-1 effort?
[*]EMZ : Can we consider that this OKB has been unchanged since its creation? Or did the transformation of the Soviet Union into separate countries lead to a reorganization? In other words, is it still just a design bureau, or has it become a company proper?
[*]BOR-4, BOR-5, Buran : What level of involvement did the Myasishchev OKB have? Can they be considered as part of the EMZ design history or not?
[*]Volga, Tandem, Taifun, Erchis, Kaira, Horizont, Tandem, Briz, Faeton, Romb, Orel ekranoplane... : Do we have any M- designations for any of these?
[/list]Thanks a great deal once again for all you've been sharing, my friend!

During his life VM Myaishchev led several KB. It should be clearly understood and not confuse the name of the same aircraft, which are created at different times and in different OKB.

1. KB-6 in KOSOS TsAGI 1934-1938 ANT-6
2. KB of Plant number 84 1938 PS-84 (Li-2) and modifications
3. TsKB-29 1938-1943 (102 branch) 102 bomber
4. OKB-22 1943-1944 Pe-2 modifications
5. OKB-482 1945-1946 DVB-202, 302, 402, Me-262, RB-17
6. OKB-23 1951-1960 M-4, bombers, missiles, transport, nuclear, etc
7. EMZ 1966 to the present. countless projects and some serial planes

EMZ was created as Experimental Design Bureau, which has been and is on the cutting edge of science and new technology. Typically the development of EMZ are translated into production aircraft of majority of Soviet and Russian KB.

According to Buran and BOR

Of Course, BOR-4, BOR-5, Buran etc. were the great part of the EMZ design history. It was detailed described in 8 volume of Myasishchev Encyclopedia

Volga, Tandem, Taifun, Erchis, Kaira, Horizont, Tandem, Briz, Faeton, Romb, Orel ekranoplane... : Do we have any M- designations for any of these?

Some of them had M designations (M-92 Kaira, M-52PV Tandem, Romb). The initiative works usually have names of their own.