Nanjing University « NanHang-2 » supersonic target drone

Deino

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea, what's the missile in front ?? ???

Thanks in advance,
Deino

Attachments

• MiG-21 at Nanjing + unknown missile.jpg
    MiG-21 at Nanjing + unknown missile.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 176
not missile, it's NanHang-2 supersonic target drone. NanHang in chinese stands for Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.

hanfoo said:
not missile, it's NanHang-2 supersonic target drone. NanHang in chinese stands for Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.

First of all ! THANKs a lot ... and second, I'm once again surprised since that's the first time I've heard about this project.

Regarding the name written on the sides ... I have to admit, I can't read Chinese and since at the Key-Forum another member said these Chinese characters say "ChangKong" I'm now a bit confused. ???

Do You have any additional info about time, specifications, powerplant, launch aircraft (Y-8 ??) ... anything You know would be helpfull.

Thanks again and thanks in advance,
Deino

ChangKong-2

The ChangKong-2 supersonic target drone was derived from the ChangKong-1. The CK-2 programme began in the early 1990s in response to the PLAAF’s requirement for a supersonic target drone to test its new generation air-to-air missile. No detailed information on the CK-2 is available, but it is understood that the drone first flew in the early 1990s, and its first successful supersonic flight took place in early 1995. The drone features a digital flight control, which was seen as a major breakthrough in China's UAV technology.

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/uav/ck1.asp

Thanks ... so "the" photo I posted seems to be the first real picture of that "strange missile" !?
Deino

So is the image first posted supposed to be the CK-1 Drone? If so I would have to disagree because the intake looks very different.

No ... the one I posted is now most likely the CK-2, while CK-1 is based on the La-7

Attachments

• ck1_01.jpg
    ck1_01.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 70
NanHang-2 was built in 1958, but project wasn't completed. it was powered by a ramjet, max speed 1.6M.
and sorry, i made a mistake. at that time, it's Nanjing Aeronautics College. in 1993 it changed its name to NUAA.
and the chinese characters written on the right side of the drone in picture sure is "NanHang".
you're welcome
ps. CK-1 is based on La-17

hanfoo said:
NanHang-2 was built in 1958, but project wasn't completed. it was powered by a ramjet, max speed 1.6M.
and sorry, i made a mistake. at that time, it's Nanjing Aeronautics College. in 1993 it changed its name to NUAA.
and the chinese characters written on the right side of the drone in picture sure is "NanHang".
you're welcome
ps. CK-1 is based on La-17

So - and sorry if I still don't get it - the NanHang-2 is the missile above and it's not the same as the "still cesret" ChangKong-2 ? ??

Or are both the same ??

Deino

NanHang-2 is not the same as ChangKong-2. and i'd say that there is no evidence to prove CK-2's exitence. most media regarded the supersonic drone began in 1990 as CK-2, but in fact it is modified J-7, called J-7 Unmanned Target Drone, made maiden flight in april 13 1995. J-7 drone is the first flown supersonic target drone of china.