My treasures

Where is the first one from? I've been to the Aomori Nebuta festival (and Hirosaki Neputa) , so those last two vids bring back some nice memories.

exciting videos, thanks, Blackie!

Hi it's one of the program fare which called “Kokkodesho(こっこでしょ)” for Suwa shrine(諏訪神社) Autumn festival “Okunchi(おくんち)” in Nagasaki(長崎) city Japan.
This festival hold from 7th to 9th of October every year.
BTW “Kokkodesho” hold 7 years interval. It held in 2004, so next will be in 2011.
(Next year!!!)

Attachments

• 800px-Festival_of_Suwa_Shrine.jpg
    800px-Festival_of_Suwa_Shrine.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 520
  • こっこでしょ.jpg
    こっこでしょ.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 464
blackkite said:
Hi! It's "Kanto festival" in Akita Japan.

A friend and I did the Kanto Matsuri in 2004 - it really was amazing the way the balanced those tall lantern-festooned posts on different parts of their bodies - one guy balanced the post on his arse, another used his mouth. Amazing! We did the Aomori and Hirosaki festivals at the same time - Hirosaki had the best floats, Aomori had a great party atmosphere. Unfortunately we finished with Sendai's Tanabata Matsuri - a very lacklustre and uninspiring event: bands marched around a blocked off section of road - but were too close to each other. Trying to listen to four different bands at once was teeth-grating.

Hi! HTV#2 succeeded docking to the International Space Station today.

Attachments

• HTV#2.jpg
    HTV#2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 427

Attachments

• Tokyo Sky Tree 20110113.jpg
    Tokyo Sky Tree 20110113.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 414
  • tokyo sky tree 3.jpg
    tokyo sky tree 3.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 328
  • tokyo sky tree 4.jpg
    tokyo sky tree 4.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 794
index.php

OOOooooops.... ;D

Attachments

• The Impact by DusterAmaranth.jpg
    The Impact by DusterAmaranth.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 577
I think you got the shapes right, but the asteroid needs to look more like something coated in white-hot sheath of bow shock roughly the same brightness as a nuclear fireball to be more believable. We wouldn't see the asteroid, just a giant streak the color of arc welding and ten times the size of the sun.

Picture is not mine! It's something I found on deviantART a while ago and thought was great. When I saw the picture of the Tokyo Sky Tree tower, the two images superimposed in my mind...

Hi! Please come to Japan in spring next year. :D

Attachments

• SKY TREE 5.jpg
    SKY TREE 5.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 512
  • SKY TREE 6.jpg
    SKY TREE 6.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 487
  • SKY TREE 7.jpg
    SKY TREE 7.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 473
Hi! From International Space Station.

You can see
1.Atmosphere light,
2.Japanese night,Korean night and the cuttle fish fishing boats light in Japan sea,
3.Shining night cloud,
4.Aurora,
5.Shooting star,
6.Sprite.
Also you can see full screen mode by pushing right side button of under the screen.
Push ESC when you want to finish full screen mode.

http://www.nhk.or.jp/space/nagisa/movies/

And moon observation movie taken from KAGUYA satellite. You can see full screen mode,too.
http://www.jaxa.jp/video/index_e.html

Attachments

• sprite.jpg
    sprite.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 342
Was the encounter with the JDS Hibiki coincidental or part of a operational routine, would you know, blackkite?

Hi! Sorry I'm not sure. But people said that sometimes such a encounter happened.

Thanks for all of the wonderful video of Japan. I especially enjoyed the Jonkarabushi video.