Avico Press offer free copy of "Our Wings" magazine

ucon

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.avicopress.ru
Dear friends, colleagues and readers of Avico Press PH.
We live and work for our readers - the most severe critics of our books. It is very important to us every opinion, comments and suggestions.
I spread the link to our magazine "Our Wings", each issue of which is a separate chapter of the encyclopedia.
You can freely download the issue of "Myasishchev Flying Fortresses. All you will need is Adobe Reader 6-9 releases.. The link is valid until August 23. This is russian variant. Thanks to Mr. Shivering it will be soon english variant.
Please express your opinions. Magazines are available now in both printed and electronic form.
Sincerely, Ukon

Attachments

• Letkreposti.jpg
    Letkreposti.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 352
Very pleasant! And more than that: WON-DER-FUL!
Maybe it would be just useful to tell visitors we just have to clik on the LK.pdf link then, after dowloading, opening, enter the password, not before in the Russian fields requiring that seem to require entry...
And after downloading, passwording, what a pleasure! Thanks a lot!
Will the next issues require payment? I would discuss with my wife if I can afford... (but the content is worth...)
Thanks again!

Hmmm. Several different computers running several different versions of Acrobat give me:

"There was an error opening this document. This viewer cannot decrypt this document."

No opportunity to enter a password presents itself.

I have Adobe Reader 9 (version 9.3.3), it works perfectly. The password-question is after downloading/saving then opening. Opening again required the same password.

Thank you very much! Спасибо огромное, Константин!

Thanks! I know I need a hard copy of it & others. I'm especially pleased to see a drawing of the Il-26. That's only the 2nd image I've ever seen of it.

ucon said:
Dear friends, colleagues and readers of Avico Press PH.
We live and work for our readers - the most severe critics of our books. It is very important to us every opinion, comments and suggestions.
I spread the link to our magazine "Our Wings", each issue of which is a separate chapter of the encyclopedia.
You can freely download the issue of "Myasishchev Flying Fortresses. All you will need is Adobe Reader 9. Password - avico-lk. The link is valid until August 23. This is russian variant. Thanks to Mr. Shivering it will be soon english variant.
Please express your opinions. Magazines are available now in both printed and electronic form.
Sincerely, Ukon

Link for dawnload: http://files.mail.ru/Z9VRS7 password avico-lk

the PDF work perfect on my Mac

but i don't understand Russian language
its like to be a little child that can not read and watch the cool picture :'(

The same error here. I have the full Adobe Acrobat 7, so I don't want to install the new one, but only a reader. I will take a look tomorrow at work on another computer.

The same error here. I have the full Adobe Acrobat 7, so I don't want to install the new one, but only a reader. I will take a look tomorrow at work on another computer.
Adobe Reader 9 is free of charge. Soon or later you will need to do update.

Reader yes, but full Acrobat is really expensive. However it is not a problem, I am looking forward to tomorrow morning to see, what is inside ;)

ucon said:

Bah! "I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah!"

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001.jpg

It's perhaps not wise to format such things so that they can only be viewed by the very latest release of Acrobat. It limits the market, annoys the customers. If you could save the file so it could be viewable by release 7, which far more people have, then it'd be more readily accepted.

Being a first adopter is fine for the *customer,* but not so much for the *seller.*

I'm confused. What's the big deal with updating to Adobe Reader 9? I have so much I have to read in Acrobat I have to generally have the latest greatest versions. All free of charge.

Orionblamblam said:
ucon said:

Bah! "I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missourah!"

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001.jpg

It's perhaps not wise to format such things so that they can only be viewed by the very latest release of Acrobat. It limits the market, annoys the customers. If you could save the file so it could be viewable by release 7, which far more people have, then it'd be more readily accepted.

Being a first adopter is fine for the *customer,* but not so much for the *seller.*

I can also open this pdf-file with other freeware readers like Nitro pdf Reader or Foxit reader.
Unfortunately I can't copy (CTRL+C)the text to Google Translator.
Both readers don't allow modifying the file with bookmarks or with comments presumably because this file is copyrighted.
I respectfully acknowledge this circumstances. :)
So, back to old school with my Russian dictionary at my side... ;D

Superb pictures so far... :eek: B) :)

frank said:
I'm confused. What's the big deal with updating to Adobe Reader 9? I have so much I have to read in Acrobat I have to generally have the latest greatest versions.

*You* may well have the latest and greatest. Others don't. And while updating may not be that much of a problem, it's still an extra step a customer has to go to. And having tried to make a business of selling PDF files to people, customers (on the whole, as a statistical bloc) *do* *not* like to have to do any more than the bare-ass minimum.

Acrobat Reader is currently on release 9. My version of the writer is release 6. I have had a few customers over the years who have not been up to release 6 standards and a good fraction of them get *pissed* when told they need to update past release 3 to read the file. Hell, I've had peole get mad at me that they needed Acrobat *at* *all,* that they though PDFs were some magical file format that every computer just naturally understood automatically.

For OBB and others who have problems with Adobe Reader 9
We changed the link, deleted password and since now everybody may use Adobe Reader 6-9 releases.
Enjoy!

Orionblamblam said:
*You* may well have the latest and greatest. Others don't. And while updating may not be that much of a problem, it's still an extra step a customer has to go to. And having tried to make a business of selling PDF files to people, customers (on the whole, as a statistical bloc) *do* *not* like to have to do any more than the bare-ass minimum.

Acrobat Reader is currently on release 9. My version of the writer is release 6. I have had a few customers over the years who have not been up to release 6 standards and a good fraction of them get *pissed* when told they need to update past release 3 to read the file. Hell, I've had peole get mad at me that they needed Acrobat *at* *all,* that they though PDFs were some magical file format that every computer just naturally understood automatically.

As a technical writer, I too have had issues with customers and versions of Adobe Acrobat. It's quite frustrating after begging and pleading to get the newest version of Acrobat Exchange/Pro, using some of the new cool features from the latest version of the product in my documentation projects, and then hear customers gripe and whine about having to update their reader software to the latest version. Even when the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader was distributed on the CD-ROM with the documentation, some would complain or object. :-\

Coffee+Mug+-+Far+Side+Damned+if+You+Do+Dont.jpg

ucon said:
For OBB and others who have problems with Adobe Reader 9
We changed the link, deleted password and since now everybody may use Adobe Reader 6-9 releases.
Enjoy!

Thank you very much, ucon!

Downloaded the revised version, and glad I did. Very well done. How are you going to go about marketting and selling these? I understand there's some problem with Russia & Paypal that precludes that approach, but you could run sales out of some *other* country (Germany, England, Nigeria, wherever) and send payments back to Russia via bank wire transfers and the like.

Again, it's best if the complexity of payment is on *your* end, rather than the customers. Paypal is pretty much a universal now... lots of people don't like it, but lots more people use it seamlessly. Once you've got a servicable system in place, I'd be happy to advertise it on my blog and in APR (especially if there's an Englaish language version).

I have a long-time friend in Ukraine who makes & sells resin model a/c kits. Since For whatever financial reasons, the FSU is out of the loop on PayPal. Since I'm in the US, I handle monies for him, by accepting PayPal payments. We do it 2 ways. He buys on eBay all the time & I pay for his purchses there & also about once a month or so I send him money via Western Union. I know it takes a fair amount of trust to do something like this, but an arrangement like this may be Ucon's best route.

Orionblamblam said:
Downloaded the revised version, and glad I did. Very well done. How are you going to go about marketting and selling these? I understand there's some problem with Russia & Paypal that precludes that approach, but you could run sales out of some *other* country (Germany, England, Nigeria, wherever) and send payments back to Russia via bank wire transfers and the like.

Again, it's best if the complexity of payment is on *your* end, rather than the customers. Paypal is pretty much a universal now... lots of people don't like it, but lots more people use it seamlessly. Once you've got a servicable system in place, I'd be happy to advertise it on my blog and in APR (especially if there's an Englaish language version).

Opened without trouble. Thank you very much very good work.

I'm ready to order when the English version is ready. and if you can manage to accept paypal a lot better.

Regards
Alcides

frank said:
I have a long-time friend in Ukraine who makes & sells resin model a/c kits. Since For whatever financial reasons, the FSU is out of the loop on PayPal. Since I'm in the US, I handle monies for him, by accepting PayPal payments. We do it 2 ways. He buys on eBay all the time & I pay for his purchses there & also about once a month or so I send him money via Western Union. I know it takes a fair amount of trust to do something like this, but an arrangement like this may be Ucon's best route.

It's a workable system

Renamed topic so everyone realises what the offer is. Thanks for this, interested to see the English version.

Great work, Ucon, very interesting subject and truly attractive presentation.
Congratulations to you and Avico Press team,
Spassiba balchoy

Superb!, congratulations and thanks for showing us, you're very kind.

Would like to understand the text to give my opinion about the contents, but the drawings are pure excelence. Very nice layout too. The subject interest and coverage are simply must-have for any Russian aerospace fan.

Just wait for the moment to order the 4th Edition of the Encyclopedia (English text would be a dream)

Best Regards,
Antonio

Hi all!
Free download of LK-bombers is closed.
Many thanks for all replays, as I have told it is very important for us.
Statistic: more than 300 downloads.

ucon said:
Hi all!
Free download of LK-bombers is closed.
Many thanks for all replays, as I have told it is very important for us.
Statistic: more than 300 downloads.

What is the circulation of Our Wings, ucon? How many copies do you usually print?