Airport Paris-Nord

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
that a Novum in this Forum
we talk allot about Aircraft, but not much about Airports

Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport was original planed as Aéroport de Paris Nord in 1966
with 4 runways of 4000 meter length and 6 big Terminals
like Terimal One, but with 6 floor multi-storey car park for 4000 cars on top
in full capacity Paris-Nord had take simultaneously 40 Boeing 747
so 60000 passengers can be handled per day
also was the Airport also planed for handling of Boeing 733 and Concorde SST
Paris-Nord had connected to Paris, as well as the rest of France by Highway A1 and Aerotrain (high-speed national Hovertrain)

Source
Paris Match Nr°952 - 8 july 1967
Online:
http://www.vision80ch13.org/
http://www.vision80ch13.org/Upload/album.asp?f=albumMatch2&t=VISION80%20%20CH13.ORG%20PARIS-MATCH%20n%B0952%20du%208%20juillet%201967,%20PARIS%20DANS%2020%20ANS%202/2

Attachments

• APParisNord.jpg
    APParisNord.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 179
Impressive, but would two towers be enough to handle that volume of movement through that tangle of taxiways and aprons? It seems to me that there would be blind spots caused by those parking towers.

The usual French "grandeur" in "Popular Mechanics" fashion....... no-nonsense anyway.

This artist's impression was in my French text book at school; loving fabulous Boeing 2707-228 and Japan Air Lines Concorde zooming overhead! Sadly the Aérogare concept didn't work very well in practice :(

Terry (Caravellarella)

Perhaps we could give him a big hammer and ask him to tap the wreck to find out where the hazards are? "Perhaps a few Aspirin before you go, the migraine could well be a doozy"

It always seemed odd to me that they never recovered the explosives at the time, or even during the 1940s de-mining operations around the coast.
Still after all this time the chances of it suddenly going up seems remote.