81.4 KB · Views: 753
  • Escanear0003.jpg
    Escanear0003.jpg
    845 KB · Views: 696
  • Escanear0004.jpg
    Escanear0004.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 621
What's IDF camo?

BTW...Thanks for the extra stuff. Truthfully this installment of profiles (soon to be 5 views) is centered around stuff conceived in the 50's and therefore the all metal finish or gray paint look is prevalent. I like that feel for a 50's piece anyway. The aircraft of course, would mostly be deployed in the early 60's as I have theoretically portrayed. I intend to do the 60's, 70's, and 80's as well.

That said I am always open to suggestions.

prolific1 said:
That said I am always open to suggestions.

wat about SNECMA C450 Coléoptère ?
coleo_bleriot.JPG

http://jpcolliat.free.fr/xfv1/xfv1-8.htm
or SNECMA AP.503 G-7 project (based on C450)
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,5046.msg80380.html#msg80380
or SNECMA AP-207
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4580.0.html

IDF = Israeli Defense Force

Some refs;
ref1
ref2
ref3
ref4

Although, I think your French markings look fine so far, you may want to consider an IDF variant as another texture for your book. ;)

I have a lot of silver stuff :D

Attachments

• Escanear0004.jpg
    Escanear0004.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Escanear0003.jpg
    Escanear0003.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Escanear0002.jpg
    Escanear0002.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Escanear0001.jpg
    Escanear0001.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 72
It's VIVE la France, NOT Viva, prolific! "Viva" is Italian !

Please give a thought to this here Frenchman and change the topic's title ASAP!

Stargazer2006 said:
It's VIVE la France, NOT Viva, prolific! "Viva" is Italian !

Please give a thought to this here Frenchman and change the topic's title ASAP!

So the guy made a mistake - how about cutting him some slack and being slightly civil about it!

Greg

fightingirish said:
prolific1, only the mods can change topic's titles.

Not if you created the topic, which was the case here. All you've got to do is edit the title in the first post of the thread and the topic will be renamed automatically...

GTX said:
So the guy made a mistake - how about cutting him some slack and being slightly civil about it!

I have been. He got a private message first... a couple of hours before my post... and he even answered it. See?

That will rename new posts, but old posts will keep their old titles. The only way to rename a whole topic is to create a new topic with the right name then merge it with the old topic.

Crikey! Looks real! I have a feeling the lettering on "Super Vautour" is a wee bit too small, perhaps.

Not sure if the shark mouth works like this, but other than that it's awesome! B)

As a suggestion for a possible next profile... maybe think of something this machine could have been hunting over the Egyptian deserts. I don't have a clue myself what, except that it would be of Soviet design. Unfortunately Soviet Secret Projects: Fighters is long sold out.

I already thought of illustrating the alternative rival however...my searches turned up nil. Unfortunately I'm not much of an airplane person to know what to look for.

As far as the shark mouth bit...I was short on reference. I did get my friend to help with the Hebrew bits on the ejection seat warning. ;D

prolific1 said:
Almost done. If this thing has a gun...would it be in the front/nose area?

Mirages use to have a pair of guns below the air intakes (which, incidentally, are similar to the Super Vautour).

Man, whatsuperb work. I have to check your website, and the work you posted on this board... wonderful !

While I'm deciding what to do next (though a Ye152 seems possible) I am gonna make this Super Vautour into a 3-view (maybe even a 5-view). I wanna work out how I will do my page layouts and have a few questions:

1. Would any of you prefer a standard sized book with illos going across the gutter (the center binding) or a larger format book with the illos on each page, avoiding any obstruction from the binding/gutter?

2. Portrait format (friendly for book shelves) or landscape (friendly for illos)?

For an art book, landscape / larger format. Don't put the drawings across the spine.

For an art book, landscape / larger format. Don't put the drawings across the spine.

Will do. I...may want to include some history and what not...I am a writer after all...though aviation isn't my expertise. That said I am working on a sample of how I plan to definitively do my layout. I may even knock out the cover.

Not sure if the shark mouth works like this, but other than that it's awesome! Cool

Actually...I found an Israeli Phantom (in an old Bill Gunston book) with a similar shark mouth layout following a blackened nose cone. Some chap reproduced that as a model here.

Maybe I wasn't too far off the mark after all.

Attachments

• example 1.jpg
    example 1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 229
Great to see the SO 4060 again ;) ;D :) :) :) :)

Why not the SO 4062 in Aeronautique navale ?

Final "what if " SO 4060 : With ASMP, Like the Mirage IVP :eek:

Great work !

Great to see the SO 4060 again Wink Grin Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Why not the SO 4062 in Aeronautique navale ?

Final "what if " SO 4060 : With ASMP, Like the Mirage IVP Shocked

Great work !

Thank you sir. Is the SO 4062 a Naval variant? Also...what is an ASMP?

Here SO 4060 M (Marine) Naval version of Super Vautour
ASMP Air Sol Moyenne Portee ....Air to Ground Medium Range french missile.

Attachments

• Escanear.jpg
    Escanear.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 284
I think I'll pass on the Nuke as it is of 1980's vintage. That's a later book. ;D

Thanks for the ref...Justo. I'll have to make a naval version too. Right now I'm making it into a 3 (maybe 5) view.

Some naval french paint schemes

Attachments

• oipuy.jpg
    oipuy.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 21_17_b1.png
    21_17_b1.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 21_14.jpg
    21_14.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 21_13.png