Darpa Falcon HTV-2 USAF Hypersonic Bomber Resin Model kit.

Desert Dawn

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.picturetrail.com
Things are moving fast these days ! Who would have thought we would see so many secret spaceplanes fly within so short a period of time.

Last April 2010, a 2nd classified spaceplane flew, less than a month after the X-37 took-off (!).

The HTV-2 hypersonic boost-glide lifting-body was launched from Vandenberg toward the atoll of Kwajalein. The vehicle’s aeroshell is made of an all-new super-high temperature carbon-carbon composite which is able to resist temperature of up to 3000 degrees. There are no heat tiles or metal panels, it’s just 7 ply of composite skin that take up all the heat. There is no active cooling. HTV-2 is designed for Global Strike and can cover most of the globe, it was launched by a Minotaur rocket. The vehicle itself is over 12 feet long and weights 2000 pounds. This is the first of several flight tests, the 2nd flight will test the delivery of a sub-munition dispenser system. The HTV-2 can also deliver KEP (Kinetic Energy Projectiles).

The HTV-2 is a more evolved vehicle with a higher lift-to-drag ratio than its predecessors, with a much higher temperature resistant aeroshell (the previous vehicles only had aeroshells able to withstand 300 and 800 degrees respectively. Another earlier version called HTV-1 which looked like a flattened DC-X rocket was abandoned due to problems with the composite lay-up.

The HTV-2 also have a much greater footprint than the vehicles previously tested. HTV-2 can perform maneuvers at 10 to 25 g’s at Mach 20, so you get an idea of how fast the temp can rise. The idea is to have a vehicle able to strike within an hour anywhere around the world from a CONUS launch site. The previously tested smaller DC-X-like vehicles maybe already in service (or could be adopted quickly if the need arise), the HTV-2 will require more tests as it is more ambitious and uses more revolutionary technologies.

I have already done my research and prepared a model kit of the HTV-2. I found the exact official length of HTV-2 and the model kit is now available for 65.00$ (contact me for shipping).

Scale of the model is 1/24th and it measures more than 15 cm (over 6 inches). The model features 5 parts, including movable flaps.

Two very well documented classified spaceplane model kits of vehicles that flew in less than a month, only from Stratosphere Models. I wouldn't have believed it myself if you had told me a month ago...

Stratosphere Models
Email: stratospheremodels at yahoo.fr

386697903.jpg

386697901.jpg

387078942.jpg

387078944.jpg

Current_Global_Strike_Vehic-1.jpg

Flown_Maneuvering_Vehic.jpg

Photo of the flown predecessors of HTV-2.

Global_Strike_Systems-2.jpg

387078492.jpg

387078479.jpg

387078483.jpg

387078482.jpg

The ALL NEW HTV-2 model kit itself, 1/24th scale. It is now available for 54.00$.

Do not worry about the external finish, it will be entirely covered with several layers of spray filler and sanded smooth.

Stephane.
Stratosphere Models.
Email: stratospheremodels at yahoo.fr

Re: Falcon HTV-2 Resin Model kit.

P5185098.jpg

P5185099.jpg

HTV-2 flaps, and i shaved 1mm of height from the rear fuselage, which solved the problem at the rear fuselage sides (now much easier to round out).

Take note that i now accept PAYPAL payments, please contact me first for details.

Stephane.
Stratosphere Models.
Email: stratospheremodels@yahoo.fr

Re: Falcon HTV-2 Resin Model kit.

Very clean castings. My best ones to date with fiberglass (because if it a very limited edition kit, i chose that material for this kit).

392608302.jpg

392608213.jpg

392608214.jpg

392608362.jpg

392608371.jpg

Stephane.
Stratosphere Models

Back
Top Bottom